To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Snow

Comments

• edited January 2007
    so glad my bf came to pick me up today or id be stuck up there
  • edited January 2007
    talula said:
    so glad my bf came to pick me up today or id be stuck up there
    i don't remember driving up to campus
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    i don't remember driving up to campus

lol suuure
  • edited January 2007
    talula said:
    lol suuure
    i hope he enjoyed driving like..50 on highway 99 like me and everyone else.

definitely was something else
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Jeez what a weird day to be commuting!

I got up to school in the same amount of time as usual. It wasn't even very crowded on the buses!

BUT... heading home was a different story. I waited at the bottom stop for the 145 for 25 minutes before one drove by (full). Then I waited for 10 more minutes before jumping on a bus going to the Cornerstone stop and I grabbed the 144 to Sperling Station. By the time I got off campus I'd been waiting for over an hour. :(

Good luck to anyone still stuck up there!
    that's exactly what happened to me when i got off today.. and i waited a good 45 mins and only 2 145's pass by when there were like 3 135's and 3 144's stopping.. =.=" so i took one of the buses to the cornerstore stop and upon boarding that bus i asked the driver what happened to the bus and he rudely replied that there weren't enough buses to go around...=\ rrrriiiggghhhtt... anyway.. they should really reconsider how they allocate their buses because honestly most people take the 145 down the mtn..
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    i hope he enjoyed driving like..50 on highway 99 like me and everyone else.

definitely was something else

lol i live very close to school, so the ride back was a breeze. haha no highways!!
  • edited January 2007
    Aw it's open. Darn it!
  • edited January 2007
    I was counting on a snow day ><"
  • edited January 2007
    Me too! I skipped out, though. Considering I only had 2 short classes and it would take me hours to get back and forth... They're both recorded lectures so I can catch up really easy.

And now it's SUNNY outside?! What weird weather.
  • edited January 2007
    its sunny BUT its effing cold out there
  • edited January 2007
    My friend wore 3-inch heels to school today... wth haha!
  • edited January 2007
    haha I've never worn heels in my LIFE. And today would be an especially bad time to start. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    flo-ra said:
    My friend wore 3-inch heels to school today... wth haha!
    Your friend must be a first year.

I noticed first year students seem to dress up more, wear heals and dresses. Trying to dress to impress. Then as you get to 3rd year and 4th people are all wearing sweat pants and comfy clothes.
  • edited January 2007
    that so true...

perhaps i should dress up too... lol
  • edited January 2007
    haha i liked the sun today, made things less dreary since i felt like i was stuck in a cloud in the latter half of the previous semester.

hahaha i already have problems walking on wet floors with my regular shoes, or maybe that's just me.
    as for outfits, i don't wear sweats or anything, but i have the same kind of outfit. jeans, layered shirts, a peacoat, and a nice big scarf for days like today. it requires no thought for me when i get up in the morning (which is the worst time of day for me).
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    do you ever notice how many people wear jeans on campus?

i would say 9 out of 10 for guys

and 8 out of 10 for girls, other girls wear tna/(mini) skirts/sweats
  • edited January 2007
    well jeans are so easy to match with anything in an outfit. i've been seeing a lot of spandex on girls lately though.

or miniskirts over leggings/tights...which i do sometimes...but not in this weather!
  • edited January 2007
    jeans are nice everyday wear, guys and gals :)
  • edited January 2007
    I have the HARDEST time finding jeans that fit me properly. Never do they fit in the waist and the leg. Stupid short legs!

I wear Dickies. Best. Pants. Ever.
  • edited January 2007
    More snow to come tonight....
  • edited January 2007
    comon snow day *fingers crossed*
  • edited January 2007
    Stupid snow :(
  • Pro
    edited January 2007
    go snow go! snow hard!
  • edited January 2007
    yeah.. please snow hard enough so that school's gonna be closed..
  • edited January 2007
    i highly doubt it unless it's another miracle snowstorm

and haha anna i saw you walking outside corner stone in the cold alone. need a friend.
  • edited January 2007
    Ugh.. its weird.. everytime I have school, there is always a huge snowfall making my journey over so much harder. I only have school Tuesday - Thursday.. and coincidentally... road and weather conditions seems to be worst on those days!!
  • edited January 2007
    Steven said:
    Ugh.. its weird.. everytime I have school, there is always a huge snowfall making my journey over so much harder. I only have school Tuesday - Thursday.. and coincidentally... road and weather conditions seems to be worst on those days!!
    lol.. you can say that again.. =.=" *siGh..
  • edited January 2007
    Snowing right now!
  • edited January 2007
    not enough snow to close down the school.
    lol.
    why am i still awake.... . . .
  • edited January 2007
    From the front page of SFU.ca

"Notices

As of 6:30 a.m., the Burnaby campus was open but snow was falling. Roads were open, but watch for possible icy patches because of below-freezing temperatures. Buses face delays.
    The turnoff ramp from Gaglardi Way northbound onto University Drive East is closed by a stalled oversized truck and trailer. You can go the traffic lights, then turn right onto University Drive East, or continue north on Gaglardi Way.
    The Weather Office warns of wet snow today, with accumulations up to 10 cm mainly inland and over higher terrain, tapering off this afternoon.
    The Surrey and Downtown campuses are open.

Watch this space for updates on road conditions or visit the Road Conditions page or phone the Road Conditions phone line at 604-444-4929"

*sigh* Is it worth risking my life to get up the mountain on the freaking bus?

Leave a Comment