To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Nintendo Fans?

2»

Comments

• edited January 2007
    FYI:

Elebits is really neat! You capture these weird little creatures by blasting them with the Wii remote, but because they hide, you need to interact with the environment by tipping boxes, opening drawers, smashing things, throwing things... And there are also puzzles to solve by manipulating the items in the environment. For example there is a ring toss where you need to lift and pull the rings then land them on the coloured pegs. There is also a multiplayer mode where you try to blast more little elebits than your friend. Good fun!!

Nintendo has reported the highest selling holiday season in US video game HISTORY. Over a million Wii consoles were sold in the 44 days between the launch and Christmas. And December saw 1.6 million DS Lites sold... Absolutely insane!

PLUS Nintendo won an Emmy for the plus-shaped D-pad (first appearing on the old NES controllers). I didn't even know that was possible, but neat!!
  • edited January 2007
    Elebits is pretty cool, I can't wait for Metroid Prime: Corruption. Sure its not exactly a unique gameplay idea (First Person Shooter :smile:) but Metroid games have great stories. Plus a FPS using the Wii pointer will be cool.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah the first person shooter is pretty neat! We have Call of Duty but it hasn't got a lot of play yet as Zelda is taking up most of our time!

What games do you have?
  • edited January 2007
    mally, maybe you should set up a ds lite gaming meetup since theres more members here with ds lites so far..

our psp campaigns not working too well, its just a private exclusion with me, raize and magnificentB aha.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah a DS Lite meet up would be neat. And since we aren't elitist we'd be happy to include the PSP people as well!

I'd like to check out that WTF game for the PSP. My brother has it but I didn't get a chance to give it a try.
  • edited January 2007
    i got a dsl!!
    but i only got mario kart and children of mana and starfox.. lol
  • edited January 2007
    No worries! Mario Kart is an awesome game to play as a group. And by the sounds of it most if us are pretty out of practice since we've been doing that "school" thing. :wink:

And I'm pretty sure that Starfox can be beamed so even though I don't have that you could still get me in on a game!
  • edited January 2007
    theres all this talk about meeting, think we will ever do it?
  • edited January 2007
    Will you come?

Maybe I'll start up a DS/PSP/etc. meetup thread. It'll be a good way to unwind!
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    just to play devil's advocate.

psp > ds lite

.. and to spread the truth ;)

what's dope is i got mario kart 64 on my psp though

You're pretty much wrong in every way. UMD failed hard, developers deemed the PSP a failure last year, most would-be popular games are just shite-version ports without a controller update. Games like GTA and Katamari are just frustrating without two analog sticks. Yeah, the screen is nice, but thats about all its got going for it. Just go look at the sales reports, the DS alone is selling way more than the PSP and PS3 combined.
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    What games do you have?
    Zelda (beat it :smile:, awesome game), Trauma Center: Second Opinion (sweet game, but the story's basically the same as the DS version). Plus a few VC games: Sonic 1, Bomberman '93, Mario 64, and Super Mario Bros. Then there are the GameCube games I still have: Resident Evil 4, and Metroid Prime (the first one).
  • edited January 2007
    we all know the best game on any Nintendo console was Final Fantasy IV on the SNES...
  • edited January 2007
    I'm just passed halfway in Zelda. I really take my time, though, because it's so enjoyable! It's an awesome game... i'm very impressed with it and it's so fun to use the Wii-remote to aim the bow, etc.

Trauma Center can get really hard at parts! And I liked doing "real" surgeryish stuff instead of killing those weird viruses they've created. It gets kind of frustrating for me as I have a very low tolerance for frustration! But parts of it ARE fun. Too bad the story isn't a little better...

And I haven't played any Final Fantasy games... am I really missing out?
  • edited January 2007
    depends... they take a while to beat and aren't exactly addrenaline pumping games... lol
    but if u like good stories and such then yeah they are good.
  • edited January 2007
    Hmmm... I like good stories, but that's why I watch movies. :wink:

Are they at least good puzzle solving games? Or is it just wander around until you've heard the whole story?
  • edited January 2007
    yeah not really any puzzles, just find out where to go, go, kill things along the way, plot twists here and there, and bam the game is over 30-80 hours later
  • edited January 2007
    I still play Final Fantasy games every once and a while, but they are long. They're more like interactive movies, its more about the story than playing the game. The stories are very good, but there aren't too many difficult puzzles. There's quite a bit of strategy involved in the battles, and the odd minigame, but they aren't exactly action-packed games.
  • edited January 2007
    Hmmm I might have to check them out if they release them on the Virtual Console. My brother is really big into RPGs, but he uses Playstation so I can't borrow anything!
  • edited January 2007
    WTF game isn't bad, good way to kill time defintely. gl with ds lite meeting.
  • edited January 2007
    It's actually a handheld gaming meeting... and non-gamers are welcome too.

Looks like we have a few interested people so far! You should come out too. :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    Did anyone get Wario Ware: Smooth Moves for the Wii yet?!!? I want it... but I have no freaking money! That Wii has already eaten up enough of my $$ lately (though worth every penny...)
  • edited February 2007
    I picked up a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids and it's thoroughly amusing! Just lots of silly minigames. It's really goofy and a lot of fun.
  • w2k
    edited February 2007
    I have a DS Lite (w/ flash cartridge) so I have a lot of games :)
    I also have the Wii w/ zelda, sports, and elebits. I think im only 6 hrs into zelda and 2 hrs into elebits. Keep in mind I bought the system during the week it came out. Not much time to play it right now I guess lol. I'm looking forward to getting Wii Play when it comes out later in the month.
  • edited February 2007
    Yes! I am totally getting Wii Play too. Plus it comes with a free extra remote. Awesome. :smile:

Leave a Comment