To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Nintendo Fans?

edited February 2007 in General
I've gotta keep up with the Playstation and Xbox threads... :wink:

I have a DS Lite with a pile of games. If anyone wants to play online sometime let me know!

I also have a Wii with a growing stack of games as well. I'm HOOKED on that frigging thing. I've been playing a ton of Zelda Twilight Princess and just got Elebits yesterday (it's pretty damned entertaining). I've also downloaded a few Virtual Console games and I'll get more once they release em.

I'm wondering what my Nintendo addiction is going to do to my next semester... ahhhh...

But yeah, if you have either one and want to play online let me know! Also feel free to suggest games, give tips, etc.

Comments

• edited January 2007
    just to play devil's advocate.

psp > ds lite

.. and to spread the truth ;)

what's dope is i got mario kart 64 on my psp though
  • edited January 2007
    Wow... I really hate your signature.

And this isn't a Nintendo vs Playstation thread. Feel free to start one.
  • edited January 2007
    FYI: Anyone who is has an HD or HD-ready TV... the component cables for the Wii make a HUGE difference. Very much worth the $50! And they have them at Future Shop and Best Buy now.
  • edited January 2007
    wat ds games u got
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    FYI: Anyone who is has an HD or HD-ready TV... the component cables for the Wii make a HUGE difference. Very much worth the $50! And they have them at Future Shop and Best Buy now.
    yeh my buddies bring their wii/xbox360 to my place for my hd 42'' plasma, so it's a win win situation haha.
  • edited January 2007
    My brother had a classic NES when we were younger and I've been hooked ever since, i haven't been able to get a wii yet though im so jealous malakaii! im at the game cube stage got tons of fun games though

my favourite....SMASH BROTHERS :teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    Games I have...

DS:
    - Animal Crossing
    - New Super Mario Brothers
    - Magnetica
    - Tetris
    - Elite Beat Agents (just got it today!)
    - Mario Kart
    - Touch Detective
    - Mario Hoops
    ... and I think there are more. I forget them all!

Wii:
    - Elebits
    - Zelda: Twilight Princess
    - Wii Sports
    - Trauma Centre: 2nd Opinion
    - Call of Duty 3 (it's my boyfriend's)
    - Sonic the Hedgehog (Virtual console)
    - Zelda from NES (Virtual console)

Yeah... there were such good games for NES! Luckily you can download a bunch of them to the Wii for $5 each. PLUS it plays Game Cube games. I still have to get a bunch of those and pick up some wireless controllers from Ebay. That'll be a next year thing when the "newness" of the Wii starts to wear off. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    i got mario kart... i suck though cuz i barely play... i play with some friends online sometimes, i get destroyed, haha
  • edited January 2007
    shadysimon said:
    gaycube
    correction: gaymecube
    Triple said:
    i got mario kart... i suck though cuz i barely play... i play with some friends online sometimes, i get destroyed, haha
    mariokart is dopee. the lightnin bolt is the shit.
  • edited January 2007
    Mario Kart is awesome! I haven't played it in a long time but it's a great game. I don't like the Game Cube Mario Kart, though. It's too confusing with that extra guy on the car.
  • edited January 2007
    I got my Nintendo DS Lite on Boxing Day and I loveeee it. Except I got no games and am currently mooching off a friend. I'm addicted to WarioWare, too bad they don't sell it anymore.
  • edited January 2007
    They don't sell WarioWare anymore? That explains why I couldn't find it. Any idea why they stopped selling it?

WarioWare for the Wii comes on January 17 and looks like a hell of a lot of fun!
  • edited January 2007
    I finished Elite Beat Agents in about 1.5 hours. That was kind of disappointing! I guess I can go through it again on 'difficult' mode... but there really isn't much to the game!
  • edited January 2007
    i want ff3 and zelda... but no money to spend on games.. lol
    and the fact that zelda isnt out here yet...
  • edited January 2007
    Nintendo rocks y'all
  • edited January 2007
    If you don't feel like paying for games for the Nintendo DS, get one of these:

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-ds-simply

With this, you need to buy a Micro SD card, pretty cheap. So the whole package will cost you about $100, but you'll never need to purchase another DS game ever again!....err....I mean....for the purposes of copyright protection...only play backups of games you already have...*cough cough*
  • edited January 2007
    illicit said:
    mariokart is dopee. the lightnin bolt is the shit.
    I hate the lightning bolt, especially when it hits you just before a jump over a cliff.....10 times out of 10 you always fall in. Then, once you respawn just before the cliff again, you get run over by the biotch that used the lightning. lmao.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, I want one of those DS things, MB. It's a great idea and apparently they work reeeally well.

I'm excited to see what they come out with for the Wii. Considering it has an SD slot AND internet access... there should be lots of free games eventually!
  • edited January 2007
    Triple said:
    i want ff3 and zelda... but no money to spend on games.. lol
    and the fact that zelda isnt out here yet...
    Which Zelda are you talking about?
  • edited January 2007
    I was just going to suggest the supercard thing too as well haha

mariokart all the way, only game I have :D
  • edited January 2007
    Ryman said:
    I hate the lightning bolt, especially when it hits you just before a jump over a cliff.....10 times out of 10 you always fall in. Then, once you respawn just before the cliff again, you get run over by the biotch that used the lightning. lmao.
    YEEEH my favourite move. i just didnt want to release it for everyone to know haha. it's best when that person is the one sitting in the same room AHHAH.

get with the modding you ds nubs (not saying any names but.. *points at malakaii* ) . psp mod can emulate ds games as well so there should be something vice versa? haven't looked into it.
  • edited January 2007
    The Wii was the first system I've ever lined up early for...I actually lined up to pre-order it, and it wasn't much of a line at the time. Still, it felt nice to walk past the people lined up on launch day pass in my pre-order and take home a Wii. I just love the thing, graphics are sub-xbox360 (which I also have) but who cares? Honestly, what good is killer graphics if the game is boring (though Gears of War is awesome).

It's kinda funny that when I pre-ordered, the line was much longer for PS3s, and now you can pretty much walk in to most stores and buy a PS3 (well... it still takes some searching, but its much easier to find than a Wii).

Anyway, I was thinking of posting a thread so that we can share our Wii Friend Codes, anyone up for that? (or maybe there already is one and I'm just blind :D)
  • edited January 2007
    Whoo! Another hardcore Wii fan! :smile: Yes, let's definitely do a Friend Code swap. Go ahead and start that forum!

I lined up early to get mine too. I was at the EB Games in Pacific Centre. Where were you? It was really entertaining to see all the Nintendo people hanging out, chatting and playing DS together... while the PS people were glaring at each other and arguing!
  • edited January 2007
    phantom hourglass... comes out march i think
    my friend has that sd thing for his ds... works good, but some games don't save for some reason...
  • edited January 2007
    I am also a Nintendo fan, but sadly I only have a Gamecube.
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Whoo! Another hardcore Wii fan! :smile: Yes, let's definitely do a Friend Code swap. Go ahead and start that forum!

I lined up early to get mine too. I was at the EB Games in Pacific Centre. Where were you? It was really entertaining to see all the Nintendo people hanging out, chatting and playing DS together... while the PS people were glaring at each other and arguing!
    lol,poor ps fans
  • edited January 2007
    Wii Play AND Wario are coming out soon. My semester is so screwed. :wink:
  • edited January 2007
    Haha... I know what you mean... I just got a DS ><"

WarioWare on Wii would be soooo cool. =]
  • edited January 2007
    Don't be sad, it is what takes to be a hardcore Nintendo fan.
    Wario is fat, he should go diet.
  • edited January 2007
    Malakaiii said:
    Wii Play AND Wario are coming out soon. My semester is so screwed. :wink:
    i've already started PSP in lecs.

DSL look more and more like little make up boxes, the little pen is the eyeliner...

Leave a Comment