To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Do you have to pass your co-op terms to graduate/receive your degree?

Do you have to pass co-op terms to graduate/receive your degree if you are in the co-op program and have done co-op terms?

Comments

• edited April 2018
    Hey, sorry for a late response.

As far as I know, you don't have to. I've only completed two terms and when I went to the advisor, he removed my uncompleted certificate but didn't say anything about co-op. Co-op is more of a bonus on your education and not a requirement. I wouldn't worry about it if you haven't talked to an advisor to confirm. 

Edit: I went to my advisor for a grad check and he made no mention about the incomplete co-op terms. Congrats on graduating [soon]!
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks so much for the help @Bull! Issue has been resolved! I should mention that I had a co-op term that I received an “N” for and was unsure whether it would affect anything. Given what you said, I doubt it would prevent graduation.

However, all has been sorted out and my N became a Pass and the grade changes were done on time before Senate approval so all is good!

Thanks for the congratulations and all the best to you too!

Leave a Comment