To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

HSCI, B-hum, B-sci easy courses

edited July 2014 in General
Hi guys,

I am wondering which HSCI is easy ? (HSCI 100, HSCI 130, HSCI140, HSCI160?)

Besides, does anyone know what are B-sci and B-hum easy courses?

Thank you for your time :).

Comments

• edited July 2014
    HSCI 120, 140, 160, 180 are all simple and straightforward courses. They are light and easy to get good grades in. 

For B-Sci credits, PHYS 190 is fairly easy. I found GEOG 111 with Faran Ali really easy too. BPK 111, 140, and 142 are interesting courses as well. There's a lot of terms to memorize, but the content itself is easy. I find the material intriguing so studying for it was actually fun.
  • Thank you Shayan !! :)
    1 quick question, do we need to write essay in HSCI class ?
    Thanks again xD
  • No, not for those courses. Most of the HSCI courses I mentioned just have exams/iclicker quizzes. Like for example, HSCI 180 just had 2 midterms, 1 final exam and weekly iclicker quizzes that were worth 40% of your mark. Some of the classes have projects though. HSCI 100 has a project/presentation.

Overall though, they're fairly easy classes. HSCI 100 is probably the hardest to get a good grade in because the scale is so high for that class. An A is around 95%, which is absurd. All the other HSCI classes I mentioned are easier though. 

Good luck with whatever you pick!
  • omg hhahha thank youuuu so muchhh you just save my life ! I enrolled in HSCI100 and didnt pay attention to the scale. Yeah it's so ridiculous omg !! 

I just enrolled GEOG111 with Michelle Wiren, do you have any ideas about Laboratory Assignments?

I guess you are 3rd year student then ? Are you doing well so far? 
    Thanks again for your advice, I really appreciate it :D
  • Michele Wiens is harder than Faran Ali from what I've heard. Both their lecturing skills are average, but Faran Ali's exams are easier I think. If you can, try to take it with him. I'm not sure what Wiens' labs are like, but my labs were fairly easy. Each lab consisted of a prelab which you did at home (really easy), then a worksheet in the actual lab, which had around 3-5 questions (simple calculation questions and small short answers). The questions were just based on the material from that week of lectures. Again, that is with Faran Ali so I don't know what your class will be like.

And yes, I will be going into my 3rd year this coming term. I had really bad habits out of high school so my first year was average. But I changed my habits and had a really good second year.
  • Thanks a lot Shayan :)
    It's great to hear that ur doing well :D

Btw, hv u taken Bpk140? Are all bpk140 class have presentation and essay ? Also, do you hv any ideas about Arch100?
  • edited July 2014
    I haven't taken BPK 140, but I have friends that have and they said it's one of the easiest BPK courses. There are no essays in it. There are weekly quizzes, however, including a midterm, a few assignments, and the final.

I haven't taken Arch 100 either, but I have a friend that took it through distance education and he said that there was no midterm or final exam. Only a few assignments and quizzes. He said the content was fairly dull though. Arch 100 is a B-Soc by the way.

Here is a list of a bunch of breadth courses (B-Sci, B-Soc, and B-Hum): 

Leave a Comment