To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Wait listed for courses?

edited July 2013 in General
When you're wait listed for courses at sfu is there a very good chance you'll get in? Have you ever been wait listed and then got in?

Comments

• Depends on the course and what # on the wait list you are. But normally yes, at least in my experiences 
  • I'm #8 on the wait list for the lecture and #1 for the tutorial... Is that still a good chance?
  • You''ll definitely get in then because it goes by tutorial 
  • even with the most seeked-after tutorials, someone will drop out
  • so i don't need to wait for all 8 people to drop out of the lecture? if a spot opens up in a tutorial ill be let in? sorry im kind of confused haha
  • It goes by tutorial, if you are #1 on the tutorial wait-list and someone drops out, you'll get in. It cant go by the lecture wait-list for time conflict reasons 
  • ok thank you! do you by any chance know when people usually drop courses? would it be like closer to september normally?
  • people switch around their tutorial times quite often before classes, so you i wouldnt worry too much about it. First week of classes is when alot of people drop out.

Leave a Comment