To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

top talksfu moments!

edited July 2010 in General
so this forum has been up and running for quite a few years now and i must say that it gave me a couple of good laughs here and there..

...alright.. i'll admit that this was my source of entertainment during my years at SFU.. it prevented me from going insane/killing myself when all that fog and gloominess rolls around!!

hence... to those who've been here as long as i have.. or have been long enough to witness some of the "entertainment" we get once in a while.. what were the most memorable things you remember about talksfu? =)

post away~

Comments

• edited July 2010
    A bit of a digression, but what happened to the forum now? Looks like no one is really moderating or fixing the site.
  • IVTIVT
    edited July 2010
    the party isn't over! too early for a Greatest Hits thread
  • edited July 2010
    This post of mine. link

I think a recipe for an active forum includes a few people with the extremest ideas or unique point of views like ferrouswheel, randomuser, etc to start some debates and interesting topics (and get a few people irritated/offended here and there) and perhaps at least a few trolls to keep the conversations going even further. And no banning, except when they're spamming ads for condoms or something.

People that add fuel to the fire will always show up. What it needs are people who will flood this site with fuel and throw a match on it.

We also need to advertise this site to get more users in - like they did on The Peak one time (that's what led me here). Perhaps in return, I'll print out a few flyers and post them on boards.
  • edited July 2010
    Can we say Summerheaven and Student?
  • edited July 2010
    online predator;64596 said:
    This post of mine. link

I think a recipe for an active forum includes a few people with the extremest ideas or unique point of views like ferrouswheel, randomuser, etc to start some debates and interesting topics (and get a few people irritated/offended here and there) and perhaps at least a few trolls to keep the conversations going even further. And no banning, except when they're spamming ads for condoms or something.

People that add fuel to the fire will always show up. What it needs are people who will flood this site with fuel and throw a match on it.

We also need to advertise this site to get more users in - like they did on The Peak one time (that's what led me here). Perhaps in return, I'll print out a few flyers and post them on boards.
    Yes, that post of yours is definitely one of my favourites. When I read through that entire thread a few months back I was in hysterics frequently.
  • edited July 2010
    ahahha.. summerheaven and student is definitely on the list.. XD then there was baby_e, then "the randomuser debates"... the religion thread was quite epic so was the abortion one.. oh.. lazyguy getting banned and members trying to get the mods to lift the banstick (turned out to be an april fool's joke)..

that's about all i rmb from the top of my head.. i'll add more when i recall them..
  • edited July 2010
    omg baby e that chick used to snap at everyone!

she's also the only person to ever get banned from talksfu lol
  • edited July 2010
    i think summer+student saga take the cake on this one
  • edited July 2010
    Can't think of any, but then I tend to miss all the good shitstorms.

Except for the one that started around... here (Post #400 or so in the thread)

Edit: Good lord, did I ramble. Well, at the time I just had to stare and wonder how deep Hope would dig his hole.
  • edited July 2010
    LOL yes Hope definitely contributed to talksfu's entertainment.. despite the fact that no one really understands some of the stuff he says.. :confused:
  • edited July 2010
    Tell us how your date with Hope went.
  • edited July 2010
    ^ LOL

and that asian guy who was looking to hook up with caucasian girls
  • edited July 2010
    *ahem this is a top talksfu moments thread.. not siuying's random dates with internet strangers thread.. leave my dating life alone mkaaayyy boys? =P
  • edited July 2010
    ^haha cause we gonna need a whole new thread for that right
  • edited July 2010
    oh.. not you too.. =.="
  • edited July 2010
    Siuying, don't tell the paprazzi. IT is a secret...

btw, are you blonde?
  • edited July 2010
    When random made a big deal about changing her profile picture.

When everyone found out Magnificent Bastard is Asian.

That short while when we went on the IRC chat room every night.
  • edited July 2010
    Haha. We were all so lame. Meebo. God damn.

Leave a Comment