To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Vancouver Canucks

Comments

• edited March 2009
    I was happy we didnt go short handed out of that lol
  • edited March 2009
    it was a good hit but i agree that turco should be fair game if he comes out that far.
  • edited March 2009
    Well it was charging, but yes, fair game.
  • edited March 2009
    a goalie whos out to play the puck that far out should be fair game, provided the hit isn't a cheap one.
  • edited March 2009
    its a really gray area imo, but I guess if you make them fair game, they'll stop wandering
  • edited March 2009
    btw, Gerber got an automatic 3 game suspension for abuse of official
    He bumped the ref (for a goal that was counted after he got speared along with the puck into the net)

The goal shouldn't have counted, but his behaviour was wrong and punished. Thats how it should be. The AHL should give their heads a shake.

Lesson learned out of all this? If you want to get your point across, throw your goalie stick.
  • edited March 2009
    [youtube]xs6im8udypw[/youtube]
  • edited March 2009
    yea did anyone see the tukka rask video where he lost it ? let me see if i can find the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVGz0MVyKI
  • edited March 2009
    ^lol welcome to last week
  • edited March 2009
    btw, just spent some time watching Cloutier's goalie fights. Man, that guys a beast.
  • edited March 2009
    lots of games tonite, nucks@ stl 530 start

also cal playing cbj as well, hope its not one of those 3 pt games
  • edited March 2009
    imelting;51952 said:
    lots of games tonite, nucks@ stl 530 start

also cal playing cbj as well, hope its not one of those 3 pt games
    After the fact, but tbh I dont care if CBJ catches us or not. In fact I'd prefer it if we don't get 3rd or 4th since if we're 6th we'd play Calgary in the first round =D
  • edited March 2009
    3 cgy 74gp 90pt
    4 chi 72gp 89pt
    5 van 73gp 87pt
    6 cbj 74gp 85pt

still pretty close, and considering our road woes as of late i think home ice would be invaluable.
    at this pt in the season, i just want it over with and see some playoffs alrdy :D

oh and tj oshie, what a stud, kid's got game, hope he makes their olympic team
  • edited March 2009
    wow did anyone catch the 5-0 wn for columbus over calgary last night? Steve Mason the rookie is a stud... 10th shutout this season. He should win the calder trophy and the vezina. Hopefully the canucks can beat the avalanche today. I say 4-3 nux
  • edited March 2009
    yeah mason is easy lock for calder

good win by the nucks today, got a lil scrappy when the hawks started goin after daniel

the bieksa fight was not bad, like a brawl and a bodyslam in there, bieksa prob lost the fight tho
  • edited March 2009
    yeah what a game though i can't wait for playoffs now if it's this much emotion in it. I still say nucks can take anyone in the first round. Go Canucks Go!

Anyone think mason should get the vezina? LOL I mean brodeur hasn't played enough games and kipper's got a lot of wins but he's been slumping. Maybe Luongo? He has got 7 shutouts and his record is pretty good too .
  • edited March 2009
    lot of goalies have had strong years, thomas and nabokov have put up solid #s too
  • edited March 2009
    true nabokov might get it cause of all his wins :) Thomas as wll also have solid numbers so it might be hard to call. I hope luongo gets it though :P
  • edited March 2009
    Any other year, Mason won't even be a finalist. But this year with so many starters having missed time because of injury or poor play, I think Mason just might win.
    Nabokov/Kipper are kinda in the same situation in that they have the wins, thats about it.
    Thomas is kind of alternating with Fernandez, but I think he'll have to be a finalist.
    Off the top of my head, I think Vokoun in Florida is having a nice year after reclaiming the starting spot from Anderson. Backstrom is having a nice year for Minnesota too. But can you really award the Vezina to a team that doesn't make the playoffs? (Outside looking in right now right?)
    Lundqvist will get some consideration since he plays in New York, but his year is so so at best too.
  • edited March 2009
    normally u'd find one or two guys above the rest, but this year there are a number of guys in the running, u can justify a number of those guys getting consideration

id venture to say the finalist are thomas/mason/nabby
    kipper might nudge out nabby based purely on wins, but his other numbers are very pedestrian
  • edited March 2009
    oh right forgot all about backstrom in minnesota... Heard that if minny doesn't work anything out with gaborik, he might come to the canucks next season to play with demitra. What do u think of gabby coming here?
  • edited March 2009
    Depends on what price. If the Sedins stay and Ohlund/Sundin leaves, then I guess I'm ok with that. Best case scenario is we only lose Sundin and replace him with Gaborik though.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
    Demitra Kesler Gaborik

Glass line!
  • edited March 2009
    chance to overtake idle calgary tonite
  • edited March 2009
    there are few names floating around for next year like mike cammalleri possibly

we'll have hodgson as well, so that'll be a nice addition regardless
  • edited March 2009
    I personally don't really want him here. Seemingly a bit of a defensive liability despite all his offensive skills. Plus hes not the biggest guy in the world right? 5'10 or so?
  • edited March 2009
    5'11, whether hes a defensive liability remains to be seen (and i havent heard any knocks on him really tbh)

im sure the canucks will give him every opportunity to develop into an impact player, they arent gonna keep him out of the lineup
  • edited March 2009
    well if we sign him, then of course he'll be in the lineup
    whether he'll be in AV's doghouse or not is another story ;)

At the price he'll want though, I dont know if building a team around him is a good idea, thats what I'm saying. If he comes here, its most likely bye bye Sedins
  • edited March 2009
    that's true if gaborik comes here it's most likely the sedins will go but i also heard Mike Gillis is interested in Marian Hossa but i think the red wings will resign him. I wouldn't mind seeing hodgson and grabner next year
  • edited March 2009
    see guys? just a little faith ;)
  • edited March 2009
    Chicago also lost today so not only did we leap frog Calgary, we are statistically speaking, ahead of Chicago too.

Leave a Comment