To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Getting onto the Roof of the AQ

edited June 2009 in General
Does anyone know how to get onto the roof of the AQ? I want to go up there to do a 360 degree panoramic photograph. I have found the doors that go up there, but every door I try is locked. I'm guessing that only security and SFU officials can go up there.

If anyone knows how to get on top of some other building's roof that'd be good too.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    just get one of these
    ninja-grappling-hook.jpg
  • edited March 2009
    this would work too

RocketeerJetPack.jpg
  • edited March 2009
    There was a thread about this a short while ago...let me find it

edit: found it...this thread someones mentions running around on the roof...you should msg them and found out how they got up there!
  • edited March 2009
    or this
    parachute
  • edited March 2009
    lol
  • edited March 2009
    Ok, the easiest way is to walk around to each stairway and go to the top. On two of the stairways, there are extra sets of stairs going up one more level. At the top of these, you'll find a door. You'll need a key, a lockpick, or a security person to let you up there.

Or.. you could just use a grappling hook from the AQ gardens.

You can also get up on the science center roofs pretty easily. If you go from the southwest corner of the AQ, and head south, there's a wall at about shoulder level. Use your mad pk skills to climb up, or just step on the black box like everyone else does. Anyway, it's pretty nice up there. Some people left chairs so you can sit down. If you want, you can use the roofs to get all the way to TASC II, but that involves a lot more climbing, jumping and staying out of sight.
  • edited March 2009
    you need to find the boss at floor 5 and then beat him. probably a calculus teacher or ta. This will level you up and give you enough mana to find and destroy the secret door to the rooftop
  • edited March 2009
    Nah, that's too much work. Just use the warp zone before the end of the second level. You know, the underground one.
  • edited March 2009
    get some freon gas and spray it into the door lock. then take a metal awl and punch the lock out with a hammer.
  • edited March 2009
    use the method the guy in no country for old men used
  • edited March 2009
    This turned out to be a great thread. +100000
  • edited March 2009
    lazyGUY;50980 said:
    use the method the guy in no country for old men used
    what your looking for is called a captive bolt pistol.

dont ask how i know that.
  • edited March 2009
    You could probably use skyhook too.
  • edited March 2009
    i've always wanted to go up there. i've been to the top of the surrey building once, that was aweomse, too bad i didn't have my camera.
  • edited March 2009
    ^How? i'm in Surrey now =]
  • edited March 2009
    hahaha.. this thread is awesome.. X)
  • edited March 2009
    May I suggest that you ask the Campus Security for permission? You can always say that you need a panoramic photograph for some IAT class of yours.
    eboyer7;50952 said:
    If anyone knows how to get on top of some other building's roof that'd be good too.
    What about the roof of the Burnaby Campus Library?
    schmoey;50992 said:
    You could probably use skyhook too.
    By skyhook are you refering to the Fulton surface-to-air recovery system? This is the same system used by Batman in The Dark Knight when he needed to be quickly extracted along with mob accountant Lau from the International Finance Centre #1 of Hong Kong.

This system is definitely useful when you need to be quickly EXTRACTED from the roof of the AQ when the Campus Security are onto you.
  • edited March 2009
    summerheaven;51017 said:
    ^How? i'm in Surrey now =]
    Elevator? There's a couple right across the library. Just don't bring your backpack or anything that makes you look like a student. I've never been up there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you gtfo.
  • edited March 2009
    If TASC 2 has taught me anything, it's that getting on the roof is always easier if somebody is already up there, because the doors are unlocked from the outside.

Oh yeah, you can also get on TASC 1 from TASC 2 if you have confidence in your ability to long jump 30 feet. I wouldn't suggest it though, the 60 foot drop is a little daunting...
  • edited March 2009
    Agentbob;51037 said:
    Elevator? There's a couple right across the library. Just don't bring your backpack or anything that makes you look like a student. I've never been up there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tell you gtfo.
    I work for SFU Surrey and I had to supervise some guy working on a satellite dish installation up there. You can take the elevator pretty high up, and the stairs, but to get to the actual roof, there's a second elevator that feeds just the last floor (23rd?), which is actually split into two. It's such a nice suite, I can't believe it's not in use.
  • edited April 2009
    Hey everyone. I forgot about this thread until now, but thanks for the replies. Another building I just thought about is the res towers. I've never been in them, but from what I remember of their exterior the roof must have a pretty amazing view. Anyone know if I'd be able to get up there?
  • edited June 2009
    So... anyone know about getting onto the res tower roofs?
  • edited June 2009
    If I get assigned to SFU for security, I'll let you know.
  • edited June 2009
    cool thanks!

Leave a Comment