To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Living on Campus

Gar
edited October 2008 in General
So there are Rez, the ones at Cornerstone and Univercity..

How much do they generally cost for a single room? Shared.. studio.. anything works

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Figure on $600 a month. But the convenience of living on campus is pretty damn cool. :)
  • edited September 2008
    Univercity? Expensive, $700+ for a room, not a whole apartment but a single room.

Rez is better for price than univercity. They price everything by semester and there are three types of rooms ones for $1700, $1900 or $2100 a semester.
  • edited September 2008
    It's about $700+ for a room at Univercity. The up side though, is that you get a million dollar view. Another thing with Univercity is that you just get a room for $700+. No utilities, no furnitures, nothing.
  • edited October 2008
    i pay 975/month for a shitty studio in cornerstone including parking but not untilities and i dont even get my own washing machine. my buddy got a similar place in cornerstone and is paying 950 without parking.
  • edited October 2008
    With the U-Pass, living on campus isn't the greatest idea. There are plenty of good, cheap places available that are very close to SFU by transit. That's doubly true if you have a roommate or two ready to split the rent with you, right off the bat.
  • Gar
    edited October 2008
    So I guess Rez is a pretty good choice eh? Considering that it is very hard to find a good apartment (or deal) with utilities.. furnitures.. Even if I can find a friend to live with me.. I still need to pay extras for the necessities..

So.. which one is the better one for me to live in as a 2nd year Business student if I want to move in in December?

Thx peeps.
  • edited October 2008
    How are parties up in rez....do they happen often?
    What about parties in rez vs univercity?
    Are there a lot of girls?.....preferably hot ones?
  • edited October 2008
    I just did a little check on craigslist, and by typing in "SFU" I found a number of places you could get for 400-600 a month, utils included, that are close to one of the main SFU transit lines. Of course, it's only 400-600 when you split the rent with 1-3 other people, depending on the size of the place. But still, there are deals out there.
  • edited October 2008
    lazyGUY;38342 said:
    How are parties up in rez....do they happen often?
    What about parties in rez vs univercity?
    Are there a lot of girls?.....preferably hot ones?
    More parties at rez...more hoes too

But it depends on who your friends with, it's not like on tv lol
  • Gar
    edited October 2008
    Morro;38344 said:
    I just did a little check on craigslist, and by typing in "SFU" I found a number of places you could get for 400-600 a month, utils included, that are close to one of the main SFU transit lines. Of course, it's only 400-600 when you split the rent with 1-3 other people, depending on the size of the place. But still, there are deals out there.
    But I don't really want to share an apartment with a person I don't know.

So my choice is either Rez, a studio at Univercity, or... a room at Cornerstone...
  • edited October 2008
    Gar, I give you option #4.

oscar.jpg

Leave a Comment