To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Panic Mode

edited March 2008 in General
Heres what I have due coming up:

- March 31: Should have novel read for English class....I havent even started it yet
- April 2: 10 page paper due
- April 2: 15 page paper due
- April 2: Presentation on book that I have not read yet
- April 7: Term Paper due
- April 9: 15 page paper due
- April 10: Take-home final due
- April 10: Final written at school
- April 15: Final written at school

I love how a lot of the stuff falls on the same days. Good times.

Oh, I also work 2 full days during the week, so the only time I have to work on this stuff is the evenings and the weekends.

Not a happy camper right now.

How's everyone else's schedule looking?

:(

Comments

• edited March 2008
    did you want me to put you on a forum ban until the 15th. that can be arranged.

it's time for you to be a hermit baby e. but many of us students are joining you so no worries.

how do you plan on .. alleviating your situation?
  • edited March 2008
    Dont really think i need a forum ban since i havent even been on here much lately.

Why else am I up at 3am sitting on my computer on a Saturday nite? Such an exciting life i lead right now :/ I hate papers.

Damn school.

I just plan on trying to get it all done as quick as i can. Ugh!
  • edited March 2008
    Similar situation I guess although I have to build, with a group (but I don't know where most of them are), a giant piece of software to manage every piece of an election with full graphical user interface and database backend, basically every piece of coding that most CS people don't learn to do till the end of their third year. Point being, I have been coding on it for 31 hours since Thursday in CSIL igorning my other four classes.
  • edited March 2008
    I'm totally panicking as well. I was sick with the flu for the past week and have been doing absolutely nothing but lying in bed when I meant to start on my assignments during Easter weekend. Now that I'm better I have no idea how I'm even going to get started.
  • edited March 2008
    Wow, I guess I shouldn't complain much about my schedule then.

I have a take home final, 3-page essay, and 4 in-class finals somewhere between beginning and mid april.
  • edited March 2008
    nothing due just finals, i only had two assignments this semester due in the first month its been a good semester
  • IVTIVT
    edited March 2008
    3 page history paper
    2 calculus assignments
    1 macm assignment
    1 cmpt 150 assignment
    1 cmpt 165 assignment
    5 finals (2 on one day)

oh joy...
  • edited March 2008
    I just have an English paper and a CMNS paper (both about 7-10 pages) due this coming week, and an online assignment for English.
    My papers were pretty spaced out this semester...on average of 2 papers + 1 assignment each week for the past three weeks.
    Now just midterms...
  • edited March 2008
    nicole;25367 said:

Now just midterms...
    you mean finals genius.

i also have just finals remaining, and one measly assignment in my least favourite subject, physics.
  • edited March 2008
    Ah.
    Yes the blonde kicked in.
  • edited March 2008
    Everybody just take a deep breatttthhhh...and get organized
  • edited March 2008
    6 page paper
    CMPT125 project (reasonably easy but time-consuming)
    CMPT165 assignment (easy)
    CMPT150 assignment
    MACM assignment (probably very not-fun)

All due on friday.
    I suppose it's not too bad, but they way I procrastinate, it will definitely not be very fun.

Then shortly after, 4 finals, 2 that I'm worried about, and 2 that I'm not worried about
  • edited March 2008
    ~6 page paper
    5 min presentation of said paper
    stats h/w
    physics lab final
    chem loncappa
    3 finals
  • IVTIVT
    edited March 2008
    EricJ;25375 said:

All due on friday.
    the 150 is due on the 7th
  • edited March 2008
    data analysis assignment due tonight
    15 page paper due tomorrow
    15 page paper due friday
    20 page paper due next monday
    15 page paper due next wednesday
    final on the 14th
  • edited March 2008
    What courses do the people who need to write 10+ page papers take? I will remember not to take them.
  • edited March 2008
    IVT;25394 said:
    the 150 is due on the 7th
    Assignment #5 – Due: Friday April 4.
    I'm in the surrey CMPT150 class.

Also, everyone is epic failing in that class right now. I'm not doing much better :(
  • IVTIVT
    edited March 2008
    EricJ;25407 said:
    I'm in the surrey CMPT150 class.

Also, everyone is epic failing in that class right now. I'm not doing much better :(
    double pwned
  • edited March 2008
    from what i heard the surrey cmpt classes are much, much easier then the bby ones.

i took cmpt 150 with Dixon back in the day and i must say hes a great prof with awesome notes, that aside the avg was pretty low so although most ppl failed it got scaled to everyone passing (well ya a few ppl still failed but that happens in every class :P )

right now i got a final on thurs, 2 projects due thurs, 1 presentation thurs (possibly 2), assignment due fri and presentation fri, and then one last assignment monday not too bad i guess since i kinda have it under control right now lol dono how long that will last though haha

Leave a Comment