To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What is your favorite breakfast food?

edited February 2008 in General
For cereal I like cinnamon toast crunch....for non cereal I like apple toaster strudels I just bought a box cause I hadnt had them since I was like 7, and what I liked most when I was a kid was...

Lightly toasted toaster pops, but only the crust I didnt like the nasty filling so I just ate the outside and my mom stopped buying them cause I was wasting them

Comments

• edited January 2008
    i always prefer anything warm/hot for my meals

so cereal/bread/sandwiches are all bleh for my bfast tastes, usually end up munching on leftovers from last night

+1 microwave chef
  • edited January 2008
    I like cooked stuff. Eggs, omelettes, and bacon. I enjoy freshly baked croissants too but I rarely have breakfast due to my bad habit of waking up late.
  • edited January 2008
    protein powder
    haha
  • edited January 2008
    BACON!!!!! and those hashbrown things from mcdonalds
  • edited January 2008
    My perfect breakfast consists of one egg, two sausage, two bacon, one cubed potato, two slice of bread, two waffles, and a glass of milk.
  • edited January 2008
    Yogurt and granola!!!!!!!! quick and easy :)

and i eat like bacon and eggs once a year lol
  • edited January 2008
    A big bowl of cereal, like special K or cocoa puffs. As well as a toasted bagel with cream cheese.

If it is a cold day and I am going boarding, a big bowl of oatmeal. Like apple cinnamon flavor.
  • edited January 2008
    Nobody said pancakes? Yeah I don't like them either. HAHA.

Um... I like to eat chinese bread with over-medium eggs, some bacon and milk tea. Haha =D
  • edited January 2008
    It's all about the Lucky Charms.. or Trix, but they don't sell Trix in Canada.
  • edited January 2008
    1) apple
    2) flax seed with milk
    3) protein shake
    4) nitrix pill
    5) banana
    6) if i have time, fry two eggs OVER EASY.
    7) hash browns, if they didn't take so damn long to bake.
  • edited January 2008
    HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS WITH ALMONDSSS <333
  • edited January 2008
    What does flax seed w/ milk taste like? mushy crunchy?
  • edited January 2008
    flo-ra;21692 said:
    HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS WITH ALMONDSSS <333
    oh shit son that stuff tastes good.

and flax seed + milk , you don't eat it for the taste. trust me on this lol. tastes to the equivalent of ...brown salted slush from the streets of vancouver mixed with entrails of baby.

k not that bad but i'd much rather have honey bunches of oats w/ almonds.

or hash browns.
  • edited January 2008
    belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream.. =) but that's like once or twice a year kinda thing.. oh.. don't forget that cup of delicious italian coffee too..
  • edited January 2008
    But Ether, just head down into WA into any of their 24/7 Walmart Supercenters and you can buy all kinds of delicious and unhealthy cereals for like $2 a box.
  • edited January 2008
    Yeah, I can settle for Honey Bunches of Oats. Those are great.. but they're like.. $6 a box. It's insane.
  • edited January 2008
    I love Timmy's breakfast sandwiches but haven't had one in awhile because I keep waking up so late :sad:
  • edited February 2008
    Ether;21723 said:
    Yeah, I can settle for Honey Bunches of Oats. Those are great.. but they're like.. $6 a box. It's insane.
    It's worth it, it's the only reason I get up in the morning.
  • edited February 2008
    For dim sum (點心) or yum cha (飲茶)

Har gaau siu mai a.ka. shrimp dumpling (蝦餃燒賣)
    Cha siu baau a.k.a. pork buns (叉燒包)
    Zyu coeng fan tong sea-you a.k.a. rice noodle rolls with soya sauce (豬腸粉+醬油)
    Wu tau kau a.k.a. Taro Dumplin (芋頭角)
    Yau yu sou a.k.a. Crispy Fried Squid (魷魚鬚)

There's more but I can't name them all.
  • edited February 2008
    You forgot CHA SIU SO! I'm not big of a fan of cha siu bau's... too over rated!
    And and PAI GWUT FAN! Yum :)
  • edited February 2008
    randomuser;21607 said:
    For cereal I like cinnamon toast crunch....for non cereal I like apple toaster strudels I just bought a box cause I hadnt had them since I was like 7, and what I liked most when I was a kid was...

Lightly toasted toaster pops, but only the crust I didnt like the nasty filling so I just ate the outside and my mom stopped buying them cause I was wasting them
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is so good I'd be tempted to call it a dessert item.. I almost feel guilty eating that stuff for breakfast.

Alternatively, I also enjoy homemade french toast.
  • edited February 2008
    vonnie;21844 said:
    You forgot CHA SIU SO! I'm not big of a fan of cha siu bau's... too over rated!
    And and PAI GWUT FAN! Yum :)
    Haha, I love cha siu soh too! Actually I love dim sum in general... best way to go for brunch! =) Possibly better than Honey Bunches of Oats :tongue: Anyway, other dim sum favourites are radish cake with XO sauce (lor bak goh) and shrimp dumplings with spinach (bor choy gow).
  • edited February 2008
    flo-ra;21861 said:
    Haha, I love cha siu soh too! Actually I love dim sum in general... best way to go for brunch! =) Possibly better than Honey Bunches of Oats :tongue: Anyway, other dim sum favourites are radish cake with XO sauce (lor bak goh) and shrimp dumplings with spinach (bor choy gow).
    MMM, cha siu soh! i also like those fried things with pork in them...can't remember what they're called...only in moderation though, since they're probably thrown into a tub of oil :). and speaking of radish cake, my mom is cooking up some right now :) yaaaay
  • edited February 2008
    I like sushi
  • edited February 2008
    meesh;21872 said:
    MMM, cha siu soh! i also like those fried things with pork in them...can't remember what they're called...only in moderation though, since they're probably thrown into a tub of oil :). and speaking of radish cake, my mom is cooking up some right now :) yaaaay
    RADISH CAKE! OMG Chinese New Year is coming up so all I can think of is LEEN GO!!! :tongue:
    jackandjerry;21874 said:
    I like sushi
    For breakfast? Is that even qualified for breakfast food?
  • edited February 2008
    Congee and yow ja gwai (油炸鬼).

Pineapple buns 菠蘿包.
  • edited February 2008
    Shi2;21877 said:
    Congee and yow ja gwai (油炸鬼).

Pineapple buns 菠蘿包.
    meen zhee ow yok chok (minced beef congee)
    pineapple buns = boh lor bao?
  • edited February 2008
    cinnamon toast crunch i keep for non breakfast meals sometimes, ill have a regular healthy cereal then cinnamon toast crunch for in between meals
  • edited February 2008
    Haha, this whole page was about DIMSUM ^_^ I think we win.
    Hahaha, j/k.
  • edited February 2008
    i noticed, I dont even know what dimsum is, when I walk into t&t supermarket i always wonder how there can be an entire isle of dumplings

Leave a Comment