To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I need a job

edited December 2007 in General
Alright, so I am looking for 2 days a week... 8 hour shifts...
got school 3 days a week, so I figure 2 days off is good..

any suggestions? lol

i got class 5 with air brakes if that helps
ive looked through craigslist and jobbank, but most of it is damn full time.

Comments

• edited December 2007
    Triple;19610 said:
    stripper
    Answered your own question in another thread.
  • edited December 2007
    haha nice
    girlfriend would be pissed... lol
  • edited December 2007
    Triple;19622 said:
    haha nice
    girlfriend would be pissed... lol
    but you'd make so many male customers happy.

are you looking for manual labour style, clerical, sales?
  • edited December 2007
    Working on campus is pretty convenient...see if anyone at Cornerstone is hiring?

Are you joking about the class 5 with airbrakes? Is there any vehicles you are qualified to drive that even have air brakes? Not breaking your balls, just wondering because delivery drivers make at least 15 an hour
  • edited December 2007
    i got them to drive a recycling truck last summer
    money was sweet, but I was training a new driver and I flew off the truck cuz he was an idiot and fractured my wrist so I was sitting at home all summer, getting paid though, haha.
  • edited December 2007
    ...you flew off the truck? o.O"
  • edited December 2007
    yeah, for some reason he randomly slammed on the brakes from going 50 to 0, and I didn't expect it. The door is open on the ride side to jump out and grab the recycling stuff.
    Flew out, was about a foot away from running over my head, lol
    fractured wrist, knee was gashed opened, huge bump on my head and blood, elbow gashed open, shoulder bruised...
    wasn't fun, haha
  • edited December 2007
    You're probably too late for this, but in month 3/4 of the semester most of the jobs go up at: http://www.sfu.ca/hr/jobpostings.html

Look for Temporary ones, part-time (those are the student ones, like the computer lab, bookstore, library, etc.)
  • edited December 2007
    segadcsonic;19648 said:
    You're probably too late for this, but in month 3/4 of the semester most of the jobs go up at: http://www.sfu.ca/hr/jobpostings.html

Look for Temporary ones, part-time (those are the student ones, like the computer lab, bookstore, library, etc.)
    After each posting, why is there a Grade?
    like "MANAGER, FACULTY OF ARTS, CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION, GRADE 11 - Competition #549 "
  • edited December 2007
    vonnie;19654 said:
    After each posting, why is there a Grade?
    like "MANAGER, FACULTY OF ARTS, CO-OPERATIVE EDUCATION, GRADE 11 - Competition #549 "
    Grades refer to relative pay scale and skills/experience required.

APSA positions are more of the career type (after university), and CUPE are clerical/student type positions. I think there're only a couple of part-time ones left, since they already posted the library, bookstore, and computer lab positions.

For CUPE positions, I can do up to grade 5.
  • edited December 2007
    I've tried applying and never got called back for them. :(
  • edited December 2007
    I've done grade six jobs...I think the criteria for the grade establishments are pretty up in the air
  • edited December 2007
    The thing about student positions is that they usually stay for future semesters since they get priority, so you'll have to wait for a break till someone graduates or goes on co-op.
  • edited December 2007
    I need a job too for two days a week!!

There isnt anything on craigslist at all....the odd one here or there, but nothing really good.

And a lot of them pay terribly! Ive been looking for a job for two days a week for the past five months :(
  • edited December 2007
    Try temping, I got 2 day a week jobs last sem and it worked out great =D
  • edited December 2007
    ^Which temp agency did you sign up with? I signed up for one and they called me on days when i wasnt available (and yes, i told them the days i was available) and never on the days that i was available :/
  • edited December 2007
    be a free loader.

a dollar saved is a dollar earned.
  • edited December 2007
    theres not many two day a week jobs that pay much that are easy to get I dont think...besides bartending, you can make some good money doing that, or club promotions, stuff like that
  • edited December 2007
    baby e;20050 said:
    ^Which temp agency did you sign up with? I signed up for one and they called me on days when i wasnt available (and yes, i told them the days i was available) and never on the days that i was available :/
    Angus One.

They almost always give me what I want, but you hafta make sure you send in your schedule every week. They're also great when you say you can't work that day if they ask. Very flexible.

I'm getting paid $14/hr right now, which is sufficient... I guess. lol
  • edited December 2007
    ^ you work for a steak company?

You could whore yourself out to a 100 fat people........they need love too
  • edited December 2007
    No silly, not Angus STEAK.
    That's what my sister asked, but she's 12 so she's allowed to be stupid =D

It's a temp agency. Not a steakhouse =P
  • edited December 2007
    ^Yah, thats the one i signed up with, and they still called me on days when i wasn't available

:/
  • edited December 2007
    Hahaha.... Maybe they got your schedule wrong?

Leave a Comment