To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Easy Upper division course

edited October 2014 in General
So next semester is going to be my last semester at SFU and I need one upper division course (preferably CMPT course bcause I am majoring in Computing Science) to fulfill the upper division credits requirements. Is there any suggestion for any easy courses? 

Comments

• What have you taken already?

I would have said 470 but it doesn't seem to be offered (which I find unusual.)

If you are interested in web stuff at all 474 is a pretty new course and I heard from people who enjoyed it. I think it would be a little harder than 470, but probably still on the easier side of the 400s in general.

I have also heard from people that 475 isn't that hard, but it is apparently boring.

Otherwise I think it would depend on what you are interested in. Things like 471/454 aren't terribly difficult, but there is a fair bit of work so if you aren't into networking/databases you likely won't enjoy it. 431 is a course I really recommend. Has a lot of programming though so avoid it if you aren't really into that.

I would probably avoid 404/405/407/412 if you are looking for easy.

Outside of CMPT the answer to "easy upper division course" is always EDUC 465. Always.
  • There is also always the directed studies (DS) route. You can have up to 1 DS course for upper credit (2-4 credits) depending on the department. If you have a prof that you really enjoy and he has something cool you can do (see what research hes doing) you can look into that.

Leave a Comment