To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

spring 2015 admissions

mch
edited October 2014 in General
Hey everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you would know if meeting the minimum requirements will get you into SFU. For a bachelor of arts the admissions "average" is a 2.6 GPA, and you must have at least 24 transferable credits including the english and quantitative requirements. I applied in the summer and my application status has been showing "complete" for months now. I talked to the admin and they said I could find out if I'm accepted anywhere between the time I applied to the first week of the spring 2015 semester. The problem is, if I'm not accepted this semester then I'd continue at the university I'm at now, and I'd have to start picking classes soon. 

Have any of you gotten in with the minimum requirements? Is it all that competitive? They say 2.6 is the "admission average", does that imply that some students are accepted with a GPA below a 2.6? That already seems pretty low, so I'd be surprised if that were the case. 

Any feedback is appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• Depends on the SFU program - sometimes it's a *lot* higher.
  • Thanks Annie. I was accepted! So to answer my own question, yes it is possible to be accepted through meeting the general requirements, in case anyone is wondering the same thing. Cheers!
  • Congratulations! Welcome to SFU :)
  • Just be careful of the little mice roaming in the arts department. 

Kidding ofcourse

Leave a Comment