To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

BUS 360W

edited October 2014 in General
So I need to take the famed course of all time. Ppl tell me not to take it w/ Shauna, Christian or Kevin. I've checked and Robin Elliott, Chantal Gibson & Eric Tung are also teaching. Their ratings are okay (though Robin isn't listed as a SFU prof). I also checked summer and there's a Susan Christie-Bell teaching. She has probably the best ratings of them all. Now I know ratings don't mean much and it's really subjective but I just wanted to ask your personal experience/opinion. Should I just take it next semester w/ ______ or wait til summer & take it w/ Susan?

Comments

• Hi. BUS 360 is a great course and it is the only course at SFU which really teaches you something that you can use for daily life. Some profs are more lenient than the others, however, you won't learn much. If you really work hard for that course, I guarantee that you see the result immediately. 

From my experience and personal perspective, Kevin is the best of all because he is so dedicated in teaching and he gives you really good feedback on your work. He respects students and helps students as much as possible. He also teaches critical thinking skills and gives real life examples when people suffer due to bad communication. People say that he's hard. But just take a moment and think, is life easy for you? Especially when you go into the real world.. However, he's not teaching next year :(

Again, it does not matter whom to take with, you seriously need to put lots of effort for your own benefits. 

• Wow. I didn't expect that haha. Thank you for your advice! I will keep it in mind :)
  • @ jtv Hear hear! University should be a place for people to learn...

Leave a Comment