To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

SFU Surrey

edited October 2014 in General
Hi, I am first year sfu student and I live in Surrey and go to the Burnaby campus(I have my reasons). Now I am finding the commute way too lengthy so I want to go to Surrey campus next semester. Do I have to be enrolled in one of thise first year programs like Science year one to take courses there?

Thanks!

Comments

• No, That is not necessary. If you can find the courses you want to take at Surrey then you can surely take them without changing anything. 
    I live in Surrey and go to Burnaby as well just for this semester. It takes me 1:30 or sometimes more so yeah the commute is pretty hectic but Surrey campus is quite small and it has it's own pros and cons. You can check it out though.
  • I know its pretty small, but Im only gonna go here for the first two years or so, then go to Burnaby when I get a car in mabye two years.
  • If you are in Faculty of Science, many of second semester courses (CHEM 122, PHYS 102) are in Surrey as well however many 2nd year courses are sometimes only offered in Burnaby only so either you let the campus control your selections or you compromise with time.
    i had all my 1st year classes in Surrey and then almost 90% in Burnaby afterwards (including summer terms), now in my 3rd year

Leave a Comment