To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

ARCH 100- Maxwell

edited September 2014 in General
Hi,

Has anyone taken arch 100 with Prof David Maxwell?

If so any clues on what difficulty the midterms going to be like?

Much appreciated,
Regards,

Comments

• Yea, I'm wondering the same thing. I feel like we haven't really learned anything in class. Or I was just too bored :/
  • I know eh.. How could he possibly get 75 questions.. In the lecture slides majority of the things are minor details/dates. How are you planning on studying?
  • Yea 75 questions seem like a lot for these slides. Plus, a lot of the slides are just pictures and in class he kinda talked about vague sort of unrelated facts. So far I'm just going through all the slides again
  • Can't find any sample exams or previous exams either.. 33% of our mark; can't afford to screw up :p
  • Yea it's worth a fair amount. It's hard to study for it coz it's way too early for an exam. There was hardly any important material.
  • edited September 2014
    Yeah,exactly.. Barely have 6 lectures but there's so many little facts on each slides

Based on rate my prof,he doesn't seem too difficult in terms of his exam difficulty,however, who knows..
  • Hey,

How did you do on the exam?
  • I did alright, but not as good as I would have liked. At least now I know what to expect for the next exams and how to study for them. How about you?
  • I think I did alright too. Barely beat the average. I think the textbook is essential; atleast 10-15 questions were from there. This was the only class I choose not to buy a textbook too -.- lool
  • Yea, most questions were from the powerpoints but there was still a fair amount from the book. I'm definitely gonna read the book for the next exams. I didn't even realize there were assigned readings until the day before the exam LOL
  • LOOL damn. Average was pretty good at 74% eh.. Do you think he scales?
  • I have no idea how arch profs assign letter grades. 74% is really high, it would suck if he scaled down or something. However, he seems nice. I'm assuming 75ish will be a B.
  • how detailed do we need to know the stuff in the readings? 
  • Ignore my previous comments, I never actually ended up reading the book
  • Maybe @drcocacola95 can give you a better answer
  • skip class, review lecture notes and listen to lecture recordings before going to sleep, doing pretty good

Leave a Comment