To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Attending in-class lectures while taking the online (distance education) version

edited September 2014 in General
I'm taking Crim 230 online (distance ed.) with Verdun-Jones and the Crim 230 (offline) class is on my day off. Do you think that attending the lecture will help me or will it be a waste of time considering that I'm taking it online? I've never taken an online class before so I'm unsure if this is a good idea or not.

Thanks!

Comments

• You won't need the lectures if you're taking CRIM 230 online, trust me. It was the most straight forward class ever
  • Generally you won't need to take the same class in different version. The first reason is you won't have enough time to deal with 2 assignments at a time with 2 same courses, it's waste of time. 2nd, it's waste of money.
  • Okay, thanks Crimematic. I've never taken a distance education course so I wasn't sure how much it would help.

And Pancake, what I meant is that I have the option to sit in on lectures (without actually being enrolled in the class) only to listen to the prof. Thanks for the input though!
  • Bull, keep it as a back-up plan if you're finding the distance class difficult for absorbing class content. People learn in different ways, and lectures might be useful.
  • Okay, thanks for your comment!

Leave a Comment