To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Huge gap between classes... What to do

edited September 2014 in General
Hello guys...
I noticed that I have a huge gap between my classes... I have a three hour class in the morning, then I have to wait for 5hours for an hour tutorial.
I live very far and it is unrealistic for me to go back to my home after the morning class.
What did u guys do when u have such a huge gap..........
Any suggestions would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• edited September 2014
    Review what you have learnt in the morning class or prepare for tutorial. You have a a break for lunch.
    I actually have 8 hours gap between my two classes on Monday.
  • Go to the gym. It'll burn a good hour. You can go to the library and just chill in the computer labs (youtube, facebook etc.). You can drop in on some lectures if that floats your boat. Also review the stuff you did in your lecture that day. You can also use that time to catchup on readings or whatever.
  • If I was in your case I would try to find another class to take during the break. I really don't like breaks though....
  • edited September 2014
    Gym, shopping, go around town, get a job, sleep, game/watch shows on your laptop...the possibilities are endless
  • I had 5 hours breaks 2 semesters ago. I went to gym, ate, and 3 hours went by very fast.
  • http://www.talksfu.ca/forum/discussion/2080/where-is-it-ok-to-nap/p1

With a Wifi-enabled campus, there are lots of things you can do. I've got a 4 hour break between classes 2/5 of my days at SFU. I've been filling it so-far with:
    * Studying and finishing homework in advance, of course.
    * Looking at third party study materials (Cousera, Kahn Academy, YouTube, etc.)
    * Using my laptop for music production.
    * Wandering the campus to find shortcuts.
    * Craigslist.

Leave a Comment