To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Error while trying to enrol

edited July 2014 in General
So I took cmpt 120, and wish to take cmpt 130 this upcoming semester, but when I try to enrol it says "You are unable to add this class at this time. The class you have chosen is not available for enrollment at this time."

Even though it is a green circle,any clues on why this is occurring?

Comments

• edited July 2014
    If you take CMPT 120, you cannot receive credit for CMPT 130.

"Students with credit for CMPT 102, 120, 126, or 128 may not take this course (CMPT 130) for further credit."
  • A few things.

For one I only see Labs on go.sfu. are you sure you are trying to enroll in the lecture itself? If so maybe the system is glitching out right now. Try again in a bit.

Second, just to be sure, you are aware that you cannot receive credit for 130 if you have already passed 120?

Lastly sometimes surrey courses are reserved for surrey students until open enrollment. It doesn't sound like that is the case here though.
  • Yes,I was very naive at the time I took cmpt 120 and thought It would be better for me to take cmpt 120 first then 130 afterwards. I realize they are both introductory courses teaching different programs a bit too late. But for my major I need 130 instead of 120.. So if I take 130 does my cmpt 120 mark not count towards gpa?

Sorry for all these questions,and thanks for your replies!
  • I'm not sure. I think you should see an adviser.

The way things are worded makes it sound like you would keep the mark/credits form 120 and the credits from 130 would not count. You might get lucky and the adviser could let you use 120 in place of 130. I am not sure though.
  • I think the rule is that they apply the grade from the first class you took (so CMPT 120). However, like Ryan said, go see an adviser because they sometimes make exceptions for people. Often times, they are lenient about stuff like this.
  • Must've been a system glitch,I got in! Thanks everyone for your help:)
  • I would still contact the advisor to see if they will let you take 120 instead of 130 for your degree requirements.

Leave a Comment