To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

UVic BSEng vs. SFU Surrey Software Systems

edited July 2014 in General
I've finished first year of engineering at Kwantlen and I've been accepted into SOFSYS at SFU and BSENG at UVIC. The programs themselves are pretty much the same, except for things like co-op, but the real difference is in the campuses/student life. 

It comes down to living at home with parents and going to a 'commuter-school' or living in Victoria with roommates and going to UVic (party school?). What are your thoughts? Pros and cons?

Comments

• Although sfu is considered a commuter school you can still live in residence up there, or a place near campus with roommates if youre looking for a rez-life styled university experience. You can stay at home (and save money tbh) and still have a social campus life - its simply up to you to get involved on campus, and there are a lot of opportunities - I honestly wouldn't be bothered to type this out if I didn't think so. Consider visiting both campuses if you haven't already, maybe stay overnight at uvic if you can. Personally, I feel as though at the end of the day it should come down to which program is right for you because ultimately that's what we're in university for -if it helps that's how I made my decision. whichever program you choose, it's a pretty concrete outline (with the exception of choosing elective courses etc), however student life is what you make of it. good luck :)

Leave a Comment