To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

CRIM230 distance ed or in person? (With Simon Verdun-Jones)

edited July 2014 in General
Have you taken the class distance ed or in person? What are your thoughts? I'm trying to decide what I want to do. Thanks.

Comments

• I'm taking it online right now and its really good. I was very worried about taking it online because I thought law would be difficult to understand on your own but the textbook is very straightforward. The class consists of 2 short papers, a take-home mid-term (two more short papers), and a final exam. All four papers were fairly easy and fun to write. I'm currently at 96.7% going into the final, which is the highest mark I've ever walked into a final with if that says anything about the class  
  • I took it online with Mr. Verdun-Jones and it was fine. The law and the rules are not hard to understand and the exams are fine. I have taken various classes with him online and the courses have all been good and manageable. 
  • I'd take it in person because he's a very good lecturer and also very passionate about the criminal law. 230 with him was one of the highlights of crim degree.

Leave a Comment