To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Review finals

edited April 2014 in General
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I should review my finals (and grades) before the letter grade is entered in the system right? Since if I'm not mistaken, it's a lot harder to get it changed once the letter grade is set (and instructors are also less willing to, since I believe it involves paper-work)

Comments

• There's a certain deadline for instructors to enter final grades into the system - so id hope your prof lets your class know your final exam/final grade before then. Check then, if they allow you to, ask to see your final etc., mistakes in grading have been made before, so if you have a valid reason as to why they should change your grade, during that period would be when you should do it.
  • Once your grade is on your transcript you cannot change it unless in very severe cases. I did not have grades on my transcript until very late after finals. I was able to see my percentages via canvas or I calculated everything myself. However many courses are scaled and as a result your letter grade may not match the one you think you got based on your percentages. 

Leave a Comment