To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

PSYC 100 intersession with Russell Day? (Summer 2014)

edited March 2014 in General
I was just wondering if anyone has taken this course with Day before?

I'm signed up for it right now but kind of nervous because it's 3x a week for 6 weeks and there's an exam every 2 weeks. 

Any suggestions/comments on this class or intersession classes/Russell Day in general?

PS. I'll eventually need to take this course. Only reason I'm considering it is because I want to complete 10 courses a year (I'm only in first year)/

Thanks!

Comments

• I've heard he's pretty nice, and not the hardest marker in the world, although I am sure the latter is of no interest to -anyone- here!
  • Days is an amazing professor, very lighthearted and very nice. I have taken 100 and 102 with him.

There is no exam every 2 weeks. There is an exam every month. There is a 12 question quiz, non paper, every two weeks that most people cheat on (imo).

He does not mark. Your TA will mark all your everything. It is based on a loose outline. Majority of marks are assigned on the spot. Certain TAs are harsher. It is difficult to fail the course and difficult to do extremely well in. It is very easy to be average.

Psyc 100 and 102 are excellent courses as a part of human experience. Even if you do not need the course you should take it because it helps you understand life a lot better.
  • No the exams will be every ~2 weeks, not every month because it is intersession and will finish in half the time (sometime is mid-June). 1 intersession course = 2 regular session courses so I don't know why you would be nervous. If you can handle 2 regular classes at the same time, you can handle 1 intersession course. I did it intersession with Alder 

Leave a Comment