To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Psyc 300?

edited September 2006 in General
Hey guys Im thinking of taking Psychology 300 this semester (Critical Analysis of Issues). I was surprised to see that this class doesnt have a final exam so I assumed it will be easy. Has anyone taken this class that can tell me if theres some sort of catch? Thanks and have an awesome day :smile:

~Becs~

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Hi Bec, welcome to the site.

Psych 300 is a tough class which should not be underestimated. It is taught by V.G. Rose, a very good (but tough) prof. There are summary assignments due every week and he is very strict with the deadlines so it is important to stay on top of those and you'll do fine. I didn't put a lot of effort into it and got a B.

Good luck :)
  • edited September 2006
    NO NOo stay away from this course it is one of the hardest courses ive taken at simon fraser payce
  • edited September 2006
    Hey guys, i went to the lecture today and the prof definitely seems strict but he did say during lecture that this course will make you a better writer if you try, so I am going to stick with it and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice!

~Becs~
  • edited September 2006
    :thumbs_down: I hate Psychology.
  • edited September 2006
    I love psychology:tongue:
  • edited September 2006
    im probably in ur class too.. man those articles are wack! the class seems ok though, as long as u keep up to date and write all the summaries shouldnt be too tough... jus teaches u some discipline:tongue:
  • edited September 2006
    i hate psyc. lol.
    im in 354 and it's all about philosophy. =/
    shouldn't have taken it, plus there are people sleeping during lecture.

and there are only 3 guys in my tutorial :P
  • edited September 2006
    Psych 300 is a HARD but valuable class. There is no final exam but there are weekly summaries with very strict deadlines which keep you up to the material. It really makes you use your brain and think so in the long run, it helps you be more critical overall in your studies.

Leave a Comment