To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Is is childish to want..

edited December 2006 in General
Your mum to go to your 21st Birthday do (or whatever you have)?
Its my b day soon and she asked what I was doing and I said I don't know perhaps we could go to the cinema or have a mini party (I can't be bothered with a big party plus Ive not many friends to invite tbh lol) and she said 'we?'. I said 'yes us and a few friends' and she said 'what you really want is me to drive you there', I said 'no I want you to come along with friends and my aunt etc' and she said 'thats a bit childish'. I said 'why is it childish having parents at your birthday' and she said 'its not childish having parents celebrating your birthday with you but its childish wanting them to come' I want her to come.. lol, you lot should know am I in the wrong? She says that she could arrange something and stay at home, im not that bothered about her doing this but I don't get why im childish.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I don't think I'm childish, and I'm sure she doesn't either... She probably ment it that nowadays kids wanna have loads of fun with their friends and not spend that much time with their parents anymore; like in the old days when you were young and your parents threw the party for you :) but I mean, I think that's really nice, and I really love spending Bdays with my parents, especially cos I don't get to see them much :(

Too bad I will be spending Xmas iwth my ex gf, since both our parents are outa country :(

Take Care
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    i think you should have 2 separate parties.. one for you and your friends and another one for your family like yout aunt and your mom
  • edited December 2006
    I usually spend some time around my birthday with my mom. And sometimes with my extended family too. But I keep my friends separate because it's less stress for me to have to "juggle" all those people at once. And it's more relaxed that way!
  • edited December 2006
    i think its perfectly fine as long as its not too much lol i agree wit malakaiii it can be stressful! my bday was actually last week and me n my mom n sister n bro went to see happy feet it was cute!

Leave a Comment