To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I MISS SCHOOL ALREADY!

edited December 2006 in General
i lied.

so where's some new places that are opening up during the christmas break that's worth an effort to check out?

i know some decent movies are coming out on christmas day, but how bout restaurants and retail stores?

or just good places to check out period?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    had dinner the other day at 1215 on thurlow, that was pretty good, dunno if its new or not /shrug

small place tho, so need reservations

i feel like i have less free time now than when i was still in school :(
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    ROCKY BALBOA!
  • edited December 2006
    imelting said:
    had dinner the other day at 1215 on thurlow, that was pretty good, dunno if its new or not /shrug

small place tho, so need reservations

i feel like i have less free time now than when i was still in school :(
    oh 1215, ive been wanting to try it out. how is it? i read that one of the former hapa chefs moved to 1215.
  • edited December 2006
    it was pretty good, and ya the dude moved to start his own place

tho they did screwed up our reservations, reserved 8, ending up sittin down at like 845 :S
  • edited December 2006
    Hey is anyone planning on watching pursuit of happiness with will smith? it opened at $27 mill last weekend and my friends said its really good too!
  • edited December 2006
    Yeah, I think I'll check that movie out! I like Will Smith and it looks like his son is a good actor as well.
  • edited December 2006
    i really wanna see that! i wanted to see that this weekend but ended up goin to see happy feet at imax instead lol (hey im a kid at heart:tongue:)

other places to go check out... all id say is go skiing up at grouse or seymour
  • edited December 2006
    i wanna watch some 3d shit at imax, haven't watched one since a kidd.

and as a guy, theres not much gift shopping since..guys dont really buy gifts anyways haha. or is it just me.
  • edited December 2006
    man i know what you're saying, i used to buy presents for everyone, spend lots of money and get all of my friends presents, but now its just being with them that i care about, getting to hang out and have a nice break over the holidays, its not really about the gifts anymore but much more about the love
  • edited December 2006
    yes nothing beats the warm feelin of sittin by the fireplace, sippin on hot chocolate wit ur hunny:)
  • edited December 2006
    [
    JennyBRONX said:
    yes nothing beats the warm feelin of sittin by the fireplace, sippin on hot chocolate wit ur hunnIES :)
  • edited December 2006
    nope im still at the spendign lots of money for friends... i just feel weird if i dont ...
  • edited December 2006
    mstar said:
    nope im still at the spendign lots of money for friends... i just feel weird if i dont ...
    speaking of spending money.....i just blew at least $1000 this month:sad: dam xmas shopping and cheap stuff
  • edited December 2006
    Jimmy Tung said:
    speaking of spending money.....i just blew at least $1000 this month:sad: dam xmas shopping and cheap stuff
    i admit i've done a pretty good job holding my own in not spending too much, especially during clothing sales.

it's partially because i know by spring i wont fit them anymore since i'm workout out intense right now to bulk haha.
  • edited December 2006
    illicit said:
    i admit i've done a pretty good job holding my own in not spending too much, especially during clothing sales.

it's partially because i know by spring i wont fit them anymore since i'm workout out intense right now to bulk haha.
    haha nice but ive only spent probably $200 on other people and the rest have gone into my car lol dam i caught the "car mod" bug and just like the pringles saying, once you pop you cant stop......im trying to resist right now thats where the bus and going to school comes into play :sad:
  • edited December 2006
    car mod. you mean RICER.

i haven't spent anything on gifts for anyone yet, but i do know i still need to get something for family at least. which reminds me.

WHERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR A DAY AT A SPA KIND OF THING IN RICHMOND?
  • edited December 2006
    illicit said:
    WHERE TO BUY TICKETS FOR A DAY AT A SPA KIND OF THING IN RICHMOND?
    There is Eccotique in Richmond Centre. I got my mom a certificate there before and she really liked it!
  • edited December 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    There is Eccotique in Richmond Centre. I got my mom a certificate there before and she really liked it!
    merci beaucoup.

but WOW it's expensive

http://eccotique.com/packages.html
  • edited December 2006
    I guess that's how it is if you want to live the posh spa lifestyle. :wink:

Here's the Raintree Day Spa in Steveston. But it looks like the prices are about the same...
  • edited December 2006
    man been so swamped with work and xmas stuf lately

/hugs everyone

i got my mom a portable dvd player haha so she can slack off at work and watch a movie :x
  • edited December 2006
    illicit said:
    yes nothing beats the warm feelin of sittin by the fireplace, sippin on hot chocolate wit ur hunnIES :)
    aha gangsta gangsta

edit: fixed it for you
  • edited December 2006
    shadysimon said:
    aha gangsta gangsta
    FASHO

Leave a Comment