To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Well, she's back with her ex.

edited December 2006 in General
It's funny how things have a way of just sorting themselves out. But my new found freedom has created previously unforseen complications.
The girl who I am hopelessly in love with (and who unfortunately is my best friend) is currently on a plane to Norway. When she gets back I intend to make a move on her, but I'm not sure how to approach this with her. The most we've done is french-kissed after too many drinks, and she has told me numerous times that she doesn't like being in relationships.
Last week at school I found out that two girls have their eyes on me. And I'm going to a party where they will all be. I'm not quite sure what to say if either of them make any advances on me, when I don't even have a girlfriend or any reasonable excuse not to pull them.
My life is like a badly written soap-opera, except with less gangsters and more boredom.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Ok, well there is a lot of stuff you can do, but for starters why did you title this thread 'Well, she's back with her ex'??? Seems like an irrelevant title to this thread...

So, for starters, I know the kind of situation you are in, I was in love with one of my very, very good friends for many years, I still might be I just don't know, I havn't seen her since the summer. I tried to make a move many times and we have actually had a few little things going on but it never got rolling, so just make the move and see what happens.

As for these other two girls, do you know them that well? I suggest getting to know them very well, and see what they are like, because you never know. Maybe you are in love with a part of your friend that you havn't seen in anyone else, but once you get to know these other girls you might see it in them and like it better in one of them, or a different girl all together, you can never take too many chances. Get to know these other girls, and if they have their 'eyes' on you because of attraction purposes, that's not really having their eyes on you, is it? Find out if they actually like YOU, and if they do well then see what its like. If they make 'moves' on you at this party, make sure they arnt under the influence, and if they are then just see what they do but don't let in to anything you normally wouldn't.

Also, with your friend saying she doesn't want to be in a relationship, thats no excuse, that usually means they want to be in a relationship, but they just want to be in it with the 'right person'. That person could very well be you but you just don't know it yet, it happens very frequently that friends become more than just friends, and it usually happens a long time after you have already become friends, so this could definately be something but you just gotta wait it out. And I mean, if you've never made a move before by all means go for it, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
  • edited December 2006
    shadysimon said:
    why did you title this thread 'Well, she's back with her ex'??? Seems like an irrelevant title to this thread...
    hmm good point:confused:

yea and i also think u jus gotta wait it out.. i mean she already knows how u feel so hopefully with time she'll start fallin for u too:smile:
  • edited December 2006
    KarEntropy said:
    she has told me numerous times that she doesn't like being in relationships.
    U always listen to/believe wut girls tell u? :angel:
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    yeah it took me sometime to decipher their language. everything is like opposites. yes means no. no means yes. whatever means fuck you.

Leave a Comment