To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

GSWS/Sociology/Gender Studies/conversational English Tutor available

edited June 2013 in Tutoring
I am a PhD candidate in Gender, Sexuality and Women's Studies (GSWS) who can tutor you in any GSWS courses, queer studies course, sexuality studies course, sociology or feminist based course (for example, feminist based history courses, feminist based law courses, labour studies, social justice based health courses, etc). I can help you build study skills and writing skills for reading/writing heavy critical thinking courses.

I am also willing to tutor ESL students in conversational English.

I have TAed for several GSWS courses and have tutored for SFU Athletics Student Retention program.

I hold a Double BA in Women's Studies and Sociology and a Masters in Women's Studies. Women's Studies is a multi-disciplinary discipline which means I have taken feminist based courses in everything from Philosophy to English to Law . If you are struggling with what can be very reading/concept heavy courses, I would be happy to help you out!

Rate: $25 per hour
Available at the Burnaby and any of the downtown SFU campuses. I can also travel to any Vancouver public library/coffee shop/etc and to Metrotown (there is a public library near there) with ease. I can also travel to UBC or the SFU Surrey campus.

Please email ses9@sfu.ca for more information.