To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

OMFG The Wind!

edited December 2006 in General
It actually scared me last night I can't even sleep tonight.

I was awake for hours because the sounds of smashing trees woke me up. Not quite sure if our neighbours have their roof anymore.

All I could hear was the wind gusts and emergency sirens and when I woke up there was signs ripped up and and glass everywhere...what a scene.

Maybe they will evacuate me.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I was blown away by how loud it was...I was kinda suprised by it, I was up since 4 because it was so loud and i looked on the weather network and it said it's only about 60km an hour winds. I'm just trying to imagine what hurricane katrina sounded like with over 250 km/h winds
  • edited December 2006
    the glass off my front window cracked and broke at the corner :S

my neighbor's balcony is in pieces. crazy..
  • edited December 2006
    holy **** that wind was so strong last night that my chairs on my balcony went ****ing flying and my cat ended up on my roof.
  • edited December 2006
    Tinana said:
    the glass off my front window cracked and broke at the corner :S

my neighbor's balcony is in pieces. crazy..
    Thats crazy! my friend was driving to work today and he said it was just cahos everywhere, all the glass bus shelters were smashed and lights were out eveyrwhere too
  • edited December 2006
    I love storms...
  • edited December 2006
    how come theres nothing up in richmond..
  • edited December 2006
    yeah i was up all night..i slept at 6am when things started to calm down. there was power outage on my block...and getting to school today was a bitch! lights out on commercial dr. and broadway, the stoplight before production way, the entrance to the applied science building completely blocked by fallen trees...i mean what was up with THAT scene!
  • edited December 2006
    Whoa you guys got it way worse than I did, by the sounds of it!

I could definitely hear the wind last night, and my power was out this morning until 11am, but I didn't wake up to destruction!

I DID wake up sometime in the wee hours of the morning, freezing my ass off. I went to turn up the thermostat... and discovered that the power was out and so was the heat. Boo... I really hate being cold!
  • edited December 2006
    I woke up about 3:30 AM that night, right when the power went off.. I think what happened was I subconsciously registered that my computer's power light wasn't on anymore :teeth: .

Anyway, I remember looking outside and seeing the trees... WHOA. They're close to this apartment building and I thought "Geez, what if one of them falls and smashes my window?" :sad:

Yeah, sleep wasn't easy... wasn't made any better by the fact that I had a supervisory committee meeting later that day AND the hot water all went cold by the time I woke up to have a shower. :confused:

That was the fastest shower I had, too. Heh. Like, dunk head in, try not to gasp as the FREEZING AS ALL GET OUT water splashes, shampoo, etc...
  • edited December 2006
    How come I didn't hear anything ? >_<. I'm in Surrey.. so there should be wind here.. Maybe its because I'm too tired from all the stupid exams.. which I am finished with by the way...woohoo!!
  • edited December 2006
    Thank God I finished exams on thursday. It would of been a disaster trying to get to school.
  • edited December 2006
    Cinnamon said:
    Thank God I finished exams on thursday. It would of been a disaster trying to get to school.
    oh yeah it was horrible.. i live in vancouver and had a 830 exam on friday.. which took me 2 hours to get there as opposed to the usual 1! plus i got there half hour late... so mad!
  • edited December 2006
    ^That sucks!! You must of gotten up sooo early on friday. What luck huh??

Leave a Comment