To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

OMG Gears of War!

edited January 2007 in General
Best looking game ever, period!

click here

Part 2:
click here

Part 3:
click here

Comments

• edited January 2007
    I rented this game and beat it in about 3 days, it is amazing, but i also did a lot of co-op so it probably would have taken me longer, but nevertheless, an amazing game, just so say how good it is my brother quoted "this is the only game i have ever liked" (he is not really into the whole video game thing), I think i'll but it off ebay for cheaper and once I get online, that way i can experience it in a whole new way, until then, I highly recommend the game, maybe a bit short, but a good storyline and amazing characters, this is a sweet game
  • edited January 2007
    I rented it as well, when it came out, beat it and got addicted to the multiplayer... Got it for Xmas now and I haven't opened it yet :omg: still, I'll probably fire it up later this week/this weekend... (my Gamertag is "BoB Mc SmiTH" if you want to add me to your friends). Can't wait for the new maps coming out on Wed.
  • edited January 2007
    I havn't got the multiplayer yet, I'm in rez so its hard access for me, and i dont have a TV so gotta bring it outta my room, set it up in the lounge, etc. everytime, kind of a hassle, but im gonna buy it later on for sure.

I rented DOA 4 too, ive been playing it, its kind of fun, I was going to buy it but I dont think I am anymore, what do you think?
  • edited January 2007
    DOA 4 is ok...I'm not a huge fan of fighting games. The next big game I'm hoping to play is the Halo 3 Beta...I'd do almost anything to get in on that (I've registered...fingers crossed)
  • edited January 2007
    Lost Planet is only couple days before launching now, I bet it will have a huge buzz just like gears of war. Capcom nevers disappoint gamers.
  • edited January 2007
    Ah yes, I almost forgot about Lost Planet. I'm stoked about this one too, played the E3 demo when it came out on the Marketplace... Xbox 360 rocks :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    I feel it almost becomes the trend for the game makers to make 3rd person shooting action games using the unreal 3.0 engine after the success of Gears of War.
  • edited January 2007
    Yeah, these games are amazing for not just graphics but also for gameplay, 360 is definately the best system out there right now, the only thing that beats it in value is the Wii, but everything else about the 360 is the best.

I have a question about my 360, I just bought a game from EB the other day (an original Xbox game), called 'Without Warning' by Capcom, and when I stick it into my machine a message comes up and says 'This game cannot be played on this console, go to www.xbox.com/games to download an update so you can play this game on this console'.

The thing is, I've already gone to the website, gotten the update and updated my console so I could play old Xbox games, I havn't had a problem until now though, and its not an old update either, its the December 2006 one, (the latest one)

Suggestions?
  • edited January 2007
    I don't have the console,so I can't help u a lot, but could that problem be the game itself or Xbox360 cannot downplay all the Xbox games right now.

Leave a Comment