To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

New Year's Eve

edited January 2007 in General
Yeah.

It's depressing me.

All my best friends are away.

So...I want suggestions (and I mean plausible ones) of how I can spend NYE.
The more imaginative the better.

I think I may even rep the best idea.

Remember, keep it clean :smile:

Comments

• edited December 2006
    come to my friends party :tongue: haha
  • edited December 2006
    hit the clubs; your bound to find something happening there
  • edited December 2006
    I've never done anything on New Years Eve, just seems over rated to me.
  • edited December 2006
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of New Years Eve. Everyone makes it into such a big deal!

Me, I'll be babysitting to make a few $100 in one night. I have to fund my trip to Thailand! It's far more important than one night of partying.
  • edited December 2006
    Man I am more stoked for New Years then I am for Christmas, I cant wait, chillin with all your friends celebrating something really worth celebrating, its the last holiday of the year!!
  • edited December 2006
    yea new years is a lil overrated, still good time to drink and party tho lol

its the last, and the first party :)
  • edited December 2006
    I don't know what I'm doing yet either, any good parties?
  • edited December 2006
    What about whistler anyone know whats goin on therE?
  • edited December 2006
    PoliChic87 said:
    What about whistler anyone know whats goin on therE?
    Buffalo Bills, best place for sure, but buy early as in Right now! Every venue sells out!!
  • edited December 2006
    Heh.. funny thing is I tend to not go out, but if anyone has any ideas, lemme know. :)
  • edited December 2006
    im planning to go to whistler and stay at my friend's cabin for a few days.

...my getaway from our school on the mountain is going to another mountain.lol.
    i guess you could say i'm a mountain-hugger.
  • edited December 2006
    whats goin on for new years?? which clubs throw the best parties? i usually go to house parties or walk around downtown on new years but never went clubbin.. totally thinkin of it this year... so yeah whats the best place to go?
  • edited December 2006
    clubs are alright but they're usually kinda expensive and they sell out pretty quick.. check out clubzone or clubvibes (which you probably know) they tell you about all the parties. i usually go to house parties if i find one. For whistler, I heard Buffalo Bills is good. I was at Galfinger (also in Whistler) last weekend.. good times
  • edited December 2006
    has anyone thought of renting out an RV and driving up to Whistler? i might do that for new year's :teeth:
  • edited December 2006
    Why an RV? I think Whistler should be pretty bumpin though
  • edited December 2006
    What about a club crawl??

www.studenttours.ca
  • edited December 2006
    is anybody driving up to whistler on the 29th or the 30th?

lol i need a ride :( i'll pay for some of the gas, and snacks? :P
  • edited December 2006
    Maybe... gimme a shout
  • edited December 2006
    CollegeDude said:
    Maybe... gimme a shout
    never mind :) greyhound buses do roundtrips to whistler for only 26.50 for students! and ski packages for about $80 with lift ticket (i'm still considered a youth lol) it's fricken awesome! anyone going up? i'm at whistler from the 29th to the 1st or 2nd, and on the 4th. give me a shout! :)
  • edited December 2006
    yah i might be going up. in fact, i was just discussing it with a friend who's got a place up there for the new year's.. OR i might end up at this NYE rave party for which i have me and a guest (i know the promoters).. anyone? :teeth:
  • edited December 2006
    meesh said:
    never mind :) greyhound buses do roundtrips to whistler for only 26.50 for students! and ski packages for about $80 with lift ticket (i'm still considered a youth lol) it's fricken awesome! anyone going up? i'm at whistler from the 29th to the 1st or 2nd, and on the 4th. give me a shout! :)

yah greyhound is alrighhht except that once I saw one in the ditch, flipped on its roof (on the way to whistler)!!!! but don't worry you gonna be just fine
  • edited January 2007
    pma10 said:
    yah greyhound is alrighhht except that once I saw one in the ditch, flipped on its roof (on the way to whistler)!!!! but don't worry you gonna be just fine
    lol yeah it was fine :) pretty f-ing crazy new years tho! my friend has this ski-in/ski-out place which made things so much more convenient.

how was ur new year's at whistler?

house party? or did you head to the village?
  • edited January 2007
    Man, i was driving my friends to this party, 30 feet from the place, cop pulls me over, i get ticket cuz I have N still..
    Then I'm talkin to this girl and some guy mouths me off, wants to fight, well I know 5 people at the party, he had about 15 backing him up... so me and another hopped the fence and stayed in some guys backyard as we heard cars driving around at fast speeds around the block, assuming they were looking for me... haha
    oh and as I was going over the fence, the top part broke, so I smashed my collarbone and my chin on the fence, making bruises

so all in all, pretty damn good new year cept for the ticket, im so challenging that!
  • edited January 2007
    What was the ticket for? Were you speeding?
  • edited January 2007
    you know how the new N rules is one passenger, well I had a full car, lol.
  • edited January 2007
    Ahh... yeah that'll do it. :wink:

Not sure how you can contest that one, but good luck anyway!
  • edited January 2007
    Heh. I'm sort of glad I stayed in now, since I didn't get into any fights :smile:
  • edited January 2007
    Triple said:
    Man, i was driving my friends to this party, 30 feet from the place, cop pulls me over, i get ticket cuz I have N still..
    Then I'm talkin to this girl and some guy mouths me off, wants to fight, well I know 5 people at the party, he had about 15 backing him up... so me and another hopped the fence and stayed in some guys backyard as we heard cars driving around at fast speeds around the block, assuming they were looking for me... haha
    oh and as I was going over the fence, the top part broke, so I smashed my collarbone and my chin on the fence, making bruises

so all in all, pretty damn good new year cept for the ticket, im so challenging that!
    Good luck with disputing the ticket been there done that before; worst comes to worst pull the "i was the designated driver" card:teeth:
  • edited January 2007
    that sucks man. i remember i got my class 5 the very first chance I got cuz i didn't wanna go through all that BS!! you can always try to dispute it cuz sometimes the cops don't show up at the trial and the judge will vote in your favour
  • edited January 2007
    meesh said:
    lol yeah it was fine :) pretty f-ing crazy new years tho! my friend has this ski-in/ski-out place which made things so much more convenient.

how was ur new year's at whistler?

house party? or did you head to the village?
    haha actually i didn't end up going.. i didn't really feel like driving up to whistler cuz i was there 2 weeks ago. so I went to Sonar and then there was an afterparty in some hotel on Robson from which we got kicked out cuz the cops showed up!! then we went to a friend's house and did some drinking and had breakfast at Denny's and woke up at 4pm!! so it was kinda fun.

How about you? Do you ski or board by the way?

Leave a Comment