To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

course is full....

edited November 2012 in General

I am a fifth year business student and going to graduate in April 2013. I have to take Business 410 as my last finance course in order to graduate on time; however, I am on waitlist #14!! What can I do about it?? I have already talked to the advisor and apparently they cant do anything to help me. :'(

Please advise. Thanks!

Jane

Comments

• What did the advisor say, exactly? Also, definitely visit the prof. They can sometimes pull some strings especially in high level courses, but don't count on it as a sure thing.
  • the advisor basically said that since a lot of students are having the same problem, there is nothing we can do to help you.... and what you can do is delay the graduation date for one more semester. :(

Thanks for the advise. I will try to talk to the prof. :)

Jane

• So then why don't you listen to the advisor... I agree with ibby and the only last thing you can do is speak to the prof as a last resort. 

If that doesn't work, deferring grad date for another semester isn't that bad. Take 4 months off to relax, learn something on your own, make some money, start up a few projects and get ready for the real world!

Leave a Comment