To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How stupid are people?

edited December 2006 in General
Okay, so this is why you stay in school and learn the difference of units!

http://spikedhumor.com/articles/71386/Verizon_Can_t_Do_Math.html

seriously, and who was the one who posted that students have it hard compared to people working? :D j/k...

Edit: fixed the link... sorry =/

Comments

• edited December 2006
    cant view the link...

but with regards to your post... if u mean units by cm... g... lb... etc etc... u should tell that to the NASA engineers. I remember one of the mars satillites failed because two groups of engineers were using different units to do calculation (metric/imperial) and forgot to convert the units... which led to a 30 million dollar mistake... now THAT is stupid :tongue:
  • edited December 2006
    Yeah, I remember that... Americans needed some help from Europe for their project, and then when they were calculating it was difference of miles and meters :D

This one, the people can't tell the difference between $.002 and .002c
    :D

you really ought to listen to it :D

Edit: I fixed the upper link... go listen to it :D
  • edited December 2006
    ahahaahah...

What a loser! I can't believe it! That poor guy is so awesome for explaining it to him... even though Verizon's so dumb. The guy really kept his cool and explained things well. Too bad the employees were so dumb that it made it almost unbearable to listen to...

I want to send it to my math prof... he'd have a heart-attack...
  • edited December 2006
    oh man thats painful

lol nice find
  • edited December 2006
    For your viewing pleasure, here's the guy's blog.

Looks like he got it resolved and probably got a lot of other people pissed off and maybe some people at Verizon slapped around and sent back to elementary school... :wink:
  • edited December 2006
    haha, wow

that's ridiculous, the amazing thing is that he is cool throughout the entire thing
  • edited December 2006
    yeah, somehow the extension of the womens got leaked, and now the voicebox is full :) yeah, I tried calling already :D

Just wanted to piss her off a bit more, as she probably is REALLY pissed already... :D
  • edited December 2006
    findx.jpg

That seems about right....
  • edited December 2006
    omg hahahaha its soooo freaking funny... its ridiculous how funny it is
  • edited December 2006
    Malakaiii said:

I want to send it to my math prof... he'd have a heart-attack...
    haha im soo doing that

Leave a Comment