To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

from law to med?

edited December 2006 in General
hey guys this post is kind of similar to the one previous, but i guess i have kind of the same dilemma.. and reading the previous post inspired me to share mine: so basically ive been plannin my law career ever since i could remember, however, recently i have looked into medicine and dentistry. before gettin into business i was in science for 2 years so i have all but 2 of the required courses.. so what should i do? i have pretty good marks (gpa 3.7) so theres a good chance i could get in.. and if i put my heart and soul into the mcat or dat i could pull of decent marks on that as well... only thing im lacking is volunteer hours, which since it is too late to apply for sept 2007, id have to take a year off anyways and id be able to get my hours in then... ahh its such a dilemma im so confused, i thought i had everything figured out

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Doesn't sound like you have much of a reason to be stressin. Law and med are both very respectable careers and I bet there are lots of students that would kill to be in your position. If you've had your heart set on law for a long time, you should examine reasons behind that...If you truly believe you can excel as a lawyer you should stick with it because there must have been a good reason for you to switch away from science. Ultimately, it comes down to where your strengths lie and which career would capitalize on those strengths most effectively...only you can decide that. Good luck with your decision and with your career.
  • edited December 2006
    Stick with law.

Leave a Comment