To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Is it okay to go out with someone....

edited December 2006 in General
Is it okay to go out with someone that you're not really interested in (other then the fact that they're physically attractive) and you also can't see any future with them. But you know they like you and since you're bored you decide to go out with them for the hell of it.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    why not? must there always some sort of reason behind looking for a good time and good company?
  • edited December 2006
    since they like you eh......i smell a fuck buddy :teeth:
  • edited December 2006
    yeah of course it is...
    ...only if you are honest. don't lead 'em on...tell 'em how you feel (like...not wanting to have something serious right now). see how they feel about it as well.
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    my friends (guys and girls) would encourage me and to "have fun" while you have the chance in this situation

i think you should go for it.. maybe you would get to know her better as a person and do end up liking her for more than her looks.

but it seems that since you have some trouble deciding.. i think you might be end up feeling really guilty for leading the girl on and using her for sex... guilt is a powerful emotion
  • edited December 2006
    just drop hints that ur not interested in more than some fun, most ppl will get the jist of it and if theyre game, party on :)
  • edited December 2006
    Just go for it lol.
  • edited December 2006
    Well theres a lot of people nowadays that have casual relationships. Outside of university its actually a social norm so don't lead her and everything should be good. Like... don't tell her you wanna marry her n shit just to get with her but keep it cool and breezy ;)
  • edited December 2006
    no its not ok.. u gotta be upfront with her.. like dont say u just want sex but make sure she understands that ur not looking for anything serious right now.. she will get it and if shes up for it, then great, but if not then at least ull have saved her the heartache:)
  • edited December 2006
    nope, watch out, god will smite you if you do!!
  • edited December 2006
    some people don't believe god exists...
  • edited December 2006
    i was joking...
  • edited December 2006
    o nevermind lol, well i kind of thought that but just making sure
  • edited December 2006
    I'd say it depends on how much the girl likes you. If she's just looking for a casual relationship like you are, then go for it. But if she's really into you, it's cruel to play with her mind and use her as a booty call.
  • edited December 2006
    Christmas flings are the best. Cruise up to whistler, enjoy the christmas lights, have some hot chocolate play in the snow...

Leave a Comment