To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

BISC 102 LAB EXAM GRADES! HELP!

edited December 2006 in General
hi

Ok here's the situation. I recieved (28/ 60) on my lab exam. Does this mean I automatically fail the course regardless of my overall mark? I'm very worried and frustrated, and stressed. Can someone answer my question?

thanks

:cry:

Comments

• hta
    edited December 2006
    intr3pid said:
    Does this mean I automatically fail the course regardless of my overall mark?
    no
  • edited December 2006
    dont worry, they might curve it so u will get a passing grade...

how u do on ur midterm? If you do bad then... have fun in bio 102 again
  • edited December 2006
    I hate bio exams... I was really surprised I actually passed the lab final -_-"

but yah... dont worry about it... u'll do fine :)
  • edited December 2006
    sorry to be the first to break it up to you, but you failed BISC 102, period.
    there's nothing you can do about, just take the F and move on.
  • edited December 2006
    ... that means i failed bio 101.
    K so someone explain away:
    - if you fail the lab portion, do you fail the whole class?
    - Is it common to fail a university course in first year ?
  • edited December 2006
    this is what i got when i snooped for the course outline.
    for bisc 102 it says at the very bottom of the course outline:
    "Note: To pass this course, you must obtain a passing mark on the laboratory component of the course. This course may be applied toward the Certificate of Liberal Arts."
    now i'm not sure what the lab component is--it could mean the lab participation + lab exam combined

http://www.sfu.ca/biology/courses/outlines/1067/102.htm
  • edited December 2006
    meesh said:
    this is what i got when i snooped for the course outline.
    for bisc 102 it says at the very bottom of the course outline:
    "Note: To pass this course, you must obtain a passing mark on the laboratory component of the course. This course may be applied toward the Certificate of Liberal Arts."
    now i'm not sure what the lab component is--it could mean the lab participation + lab exam combined

http://www.sfu.ca/biology/courses/outlines/1067/102.htm

what the heck!! WHy is it so important that we pass the lab exam? Whyyy?!?!?! :cry:
  • edited December 2006
    Especially when it is worth only 25% of our final mark! So the remaining 75% is peanuts if you fail the lab exam. Idiots.

Leave a Comment