To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

students have it hard!

edited December 2006 in General
Students have it hard! And that's the truth! I hate people who work, probably never went to school, and claim how easy students have it! We have to worry about student loans, part-time work, making the grade, fitting-in, future careers! It is not easy! Not that working folks don't have it hard... but it's nicer for them, because they are stable!

Comments

• edited December 2006
    the grass is always greener on the other side

im sure i'll look back in a few years when im workin full time, and i'll miss these days a lot

every phase of ur life presents different and new challenges
  • edited December 2006
    this is the start of a new RANT category haha.
  • edited December 2006
    I have worked full time and I have been in school full time. Have to admit it, but I do think school is easier. I can schedule my school to how I want it, I can have the freedom to do what I want and I can discuss and challenge things when I want. For work, I would go 8-5 with the same mindless duties over and over and over.
  • edited December 2006
    Ya imelting is right, if you haven't been out in the world yet, you will never realize it but school life is pretty easy as long as you know how to balance things out...other than exams I hate exams...
  • edited December 2006
    I prefer school over work on any given day. I pretty much hate work. I never had to get up at 5:30 am every single friggin day when I had school.
  • edited December 2006
    I hate waking up so early in the mornings, I hate having to hand in assignments at late night hours and I really really hate the food they have up here

!@!!!in Chartwels
  • edited December 2006
    I've worked full time and done school full time and I think that school is waaaaaaaay tougher. When you work, you get all your evenings and weekends free to do whatever you want. Once you leave the office, you leave work. But with school, it's always there bugging you, you never get a break, there's always more work that needs to be done. And if you aren't studying you feel guilty because you know you should be.
    Then there is the lost opportunity costs...all the money you aren't making by doing school, and all the nice things your working friends have that you don't...
    I guess it comes down to how seriously you take your school. Some people think university is all fun, but for others who are working extremely hard to get into grad school etc, then it's tough.
  • edited December 2006
    I hear you guess4life, it sux havin to take home so much homework everyday and stressin ova exams...just doesnt seem fair!
  • edited December 2006
    at least someone agrees hehe
  • edited December 2006
    Its just life.. lol.. we're gonna be stressed for things in whatever we are doing.. so.. learn to deal with it!
  • edited December 2006
    Counterbalancing homework and such, is the fact that if you do your schedule right you'll have classes at 12:30 PM and you can sleep in. :tongue:
  • edited December 2006
    Berlyn said:
    I've worked full time and done school full time and I think that school is waaaaaaaay tougher. When you work, you get all your evenings and weekends free to do whatever you want. Once you leave the office, you leave work. But with school, it's always there bugging you, you never get a break, there's always more work that needs to be done. And if you aren't studying you feel guilty because you know you should be.
    Then there is the lost opportunity costs...all the money you aren't making by doing school, and all the nice things your working friends have that you don't...
    I guess it comes down to how seriously you take your school. Some people think university is all fun, but for others who are working extremely hard to get into grad school etc, then it's tough.
    deopends on what kinda job you have though. in the summer when i actually take work seriously (it's when i make the most $$) leaving work does not equal free time. there's still tonnes of 'projects' i guess you can call it. or homework for work.
    not to mention the weekly meetings i used to have.

now that i'm a total slacker at work, it's all gravy.

Leave a Comment