To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I broke up with my gf

edited December 2006 in General
my gf left me alone...................................................just cause I started smoking........ FOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel both sad and pissed

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Quit smoking and get her back.
  • edited December 2006
    I wouldn't break up with my bf for that, but I'd be pissed off for sure.

Stinks that she'd break it off over something so minor...
  • edited December 2006
    i prob wont hav a relationship w/ a smoker either, relations yes, relationship no ;)

personally i'd leave my gf if she smoked and wouldnt quit
  • edited December 2006
    imelting said:
    i prob wont hav a relationship w/ a smoker either, relations yes, relationship no ;)

personally i'd leave my gf if she smoked and wouldnt quit
    I'd leave him eventually, sure. But mostly because smoking is offensive to me, and a pretty good indicator that he doesn't care about my opinion.

Luckily I don't have to deal with that. :wink:
  • edited December 2006
    i guess she doesnt like u too much? or how long have u guys been together for?
  • edited December 2006
    agree with imelting.. relations are fine.. but relationships aren't.. personally the smell of smoke gags me and i just can't imagine myself smooching a smoker.. and frenching would bring me nightmares.. o.O"
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    so i believe she broke up with you.. not the other way around
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    but yeah smoking is a turn off for me as well.. it's just not the breath and yellow teeth.. but it's on the lips and fingers too.. the smell is just awful.. i've been with smokers.. so yeah speaking from personal experience
  • edited December 2006
    Smoking sucks anyways.. this might be the best thing that has happened to you..that is if you quit..
  • edited December 2006
    Don't let a women change who you are. If she doesn't like you for who you really are, then she is not the right one!
  • edited December 2006
    Pro said:
    so i believe she broke up with you.. not the other way around
    haah you clever bastard

no but i think in terms of smoking, it's a bad thing all in all, thats why we say that the girl should be able, or even friends, should be able to influence you to not smoke.

but if we say, diff way of dressing then it shouldnt matter who tells you how to dress. it depends on situation i'd think
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    i don't like being a hypocrite.. especially since i'm quite against smoking too..

but there are times where i feel like starting just because it gives you the opportunity to meet new people, well smokers, and like asking them for a lighter or a smoke, and it open the door for more conversation. cuz hey there are some hotties that smoke too!

happened to me one time.. some cutie at espot asked me out of everyone else around if i had a lighter. i don't smoke so my answer was no. and that was the end of the convo :(
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    and yes i do know some people who smoke for the reason i stated above.
  • hta
    edited December 2006
    Law Student said:
    my gf left me alone...................................................just cause I started smoking........ FOOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel both sad and pissed
    ROFL like this:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHA.....
    HAHA..
    :teeth:
  • hta
    edited December 2006
    Pro said:
    some cutie at espot asked me out of everyone else around if i had a lighter. i don't smoke so my answer was no. and that was the end of the convo :(
    haha.....
    that's funny
  • edited December 2006
    Laugh all you want but I feel let down... I always expected her to accept me for who I am. I havvent' been smokin foeva, just recently because of exam stress and stuff lik dat

just wasn't ment to be i guess gotta move on
  • edited December 2006
    hta = rude
  • edited December 2006
    he got banned :/
  • edited December 2006
    Banned? Whoa... hardcore.

And don't worry, Law Student. If she wasn't even open to reasoning with you I don't think it would've worked out anyway!
  • edited December 2006
    imelting said:
    he got banned :/

:omg: we can get banned?!?!
  • edited December 2006
    yar, apparently so
  • edited December 2006
    Law Student said:
    Laugh all you want but I feel let down... I always expected her to accept me for who I am. I havvent' been smokin foeva, just recently because of exam stress and stuff lik dat

just wasn't ment to be i guess gotta move on
    don't feel let down.. people come and go.. i agree she should've accepted you as you are.. but there are things that some people just can't stand.. for her that was you smoking.. certainly you must have something that you can't stand your gf doing right? same thing.. =)

and.. don't smoke because of exam stress.. there are other alternatives that are certainly more healthy to de-stressing.. otherwise sfu would be littered with smokers.. lol..
  • edited December 2006
    Who STARTS smoking in 2006?

I thought we were so over that!
  • edited December 2006
    Not that it matters but hta was warned several times for making negative comments. We don't believe that putting down other members is a nice thing to do. ONE example: http://www.talksfu.ca/showthread.php?t=813
This discussion has been closed.