To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Major transportation issues at SFU due to snow

edited November 2010 in General

These are the last few tweets from the SFU admin. The snow really messes things up, I hope none of you guys are stranded there right now. I can't believe people would be walking down the mountain in these kind of conditions... that's a long walk, even in regular weather!

@SFU Snowing lightly on Burnaby campus. Snowfall warning: 10-12 cm today. Roads are slippery - drive w/ extreme caution. Info: 604.444.4929. #SFU

@SFU Classes are being cancelled at #SFU’s Burnaby campus effective 3:30 p.m. due to changing weather conditions. The university remains open.

@SFU Despite the report that @Translink has cancelled all bus services to #SFU, we are still seeing limited bus service on Burnaby Mountain.

@SFU We are advising people not to walk down Burnaby Mountain. It's very slippery out there and not safe to leave on foot. #SFU

@SFU We've just received word that @Translink has again suspended bus service until further notice.

@SFU Thank you to everyone for their patience. We're doing everything we can to get people home safely. #SFU

:(

Comments

• Once people realize the buses aren't running, they should organize carpools or split taxis
  • I walked down from the mountain. I got tired of waiting for buses to become active again. All transportation was shut down.

Leave a Comment