To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Trying to get along. Fighting a losing battle?

edited December 2006 in General
My housemate and I. I do like her but something just doesn't feel quite right.

I think mainly because I get the impression that she doesn't really like me. We are quite different people, different backgrounds/upbringings/mentality and I sometimes feel she looks down on me.

She is also quite shy and reserved and would never say if something was bothering her, I think sometimes she must be thinking things about me like "Omg what is she saying/doing/like" although she would never let me know which is probably what gets to me the most.

I feel upset, I am really making an effort but I think maybe she won't be able to look past our differences and accept me for the person I am, forgetting my accent, where I'm from, what school I went to.

On top of this, and I hate to say this, but I am starting to find her really boring. I don't see any personality in her, at first I thought it was just her shyness but unfortunatley, despite coming out of her shell there is still nothing at all interesting there, not funny, witty and just spends most of the time talking about herself boringly!

I don't know what to do or what I expect from this post, just a rant I 'spose! She just makes me feel a bit worthless at times even though she doesn't come out and say it.

Oh my.......

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Are you in Rez? Because if you are there are a lot of things you can do to fix/change this...
  • edited December 2006
    This girl doesn't have to be your friend, just your housemate!

As long as you are somewhat civil to one another, I think that's successful.
  • edited December 2006
    i think this kinda depends on how long u were plannin on livin with this housemate (until end of semster? if its rez i think u can switch), if u CAN move out and you can both work somethin out, id say do it

and ya u can make someone ur friend just because u live together, as long u guys are civil enough, then at least its not gonna get that bad :)

Leave a Comment