To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

International students? Moved around a lot?

edited December 2006 in General
Hey, I was just wondering, are any of you guys international students? If so, talk about your experiences, where you have lived/living now etc etc...i've always been interested to know how many international students there are in the world!

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Hey im a fellow internatioanl student lol!! I find it kinda fun moving around but when you make friends its kinda sad:sad:
  • edited December 2006
    i am too,...lived in india all my life, and came to the Canada at 14. I love it here, I'm almost fully assimilated ! haha
  • edited December 2006
    one of my close girlfriends is international student from japan... shes leaving in may though.. im so sad:(
  • edited December 2006
    you mean like moving houses or just moving countries?

I lived in Finland, then in Malaysia for a year, then in Finland again, then moved to Australia and then back to Malaysia, then to Finland again, and now I'm in Canada :P

and in Vancouver I've moved like 6-7 times already :( I personally think that all international students move around a lot (houses). especially when you first get here, nothing feels like "home" :(

But yeah, it's a bitch =(
  • edited December 2006
    Howdy,

I'm glad I came across this thread ;D

I am Vietnamese. I was born in France. Lived in Germany for 10 years. I'm currently living in the United States, but I will be moving to England in September

And I travel to the Netherlands every summer to visit my parents and I lived in Amsterdam last year!

Is there anybody here who speaks more than 3 languages?
  • edited December 2006
    Gunta said:

Is there anybody here who speaks more than 3 languages?
    Cantonese, Finnish, English, a little Swedish, a little Spanish, and I can understand Russian cos my ex was Russian =/ but then again, I always doubt how much I actually understand, since she and her mom always talk about the stuff :D

Leave a Comment