To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Mazda 3

edited December 2006 in General
I am thinking of buying a Mazda 3. Does anyone have any opinions on a Mazda 3? Good? Great Crappy?

Thanks

Comments

• edited December 2006
    What's your budget? 20 to 30 im guessing?
  • edited December 2006
    my sister drives this (sedan version not hatchback)

and the only thing that bugged me (other than it being automatic lol)
    was that when i was doin shoulder checks on my right side, the passenger seat seemed bulky and obtrusive

my sis likes the car tho, go for a test drive, its important u feel confortable driving in it : )
  • edited December 2006
    I have a friend who bought one in the summer and he loves it. I might be wrong but I think there's a slightly sportier version of the sedan?

We also considered getting one at the beginning of the year when we got our new car. But then the Sunfire was so frigging cheap... :wink:
  • edited December 2006
    the mazda is a great car in terms of handling as well as horsepower before the mazda 3 it used to be called the mazda protege and the engine is the same one as in the old protege and that car was ranked as best buy from consumer reports. I think all cars have some problems but my brother inlaw has had his for about a 1.5 years and no problems so far runs great. there is going to be a new honda civic coming so dont go out and buy the current one you will just lose money in terms of depreciation. yeah there is alot of mazda 3's on the road now but they actually look nice where as civics look pretty lame and have spartan interiors....very spartan lol
  • edited December 2006
    thanks for your input everyone i will test drive it after exams.
  • edited December 2006
    It's not a bad car as far as I have understood...
    There are lots of downsides to it though, and one of them being that the interior is not really all that nice and it's really really plasticy, so it does look pretty cheap. But on the otherhand, the engine and everything else; for the price that you'd pay it's really really cheap. The outside looks really nice etc.

Pretty much everything is pretty ok with it, except for the design on the inside and the quality of stuff used =/ its mazda... :)

Good luck
  • edited December 2006
    i like the lil hatchbacks i think theyre cute

Leave a Comment