To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Gym Workout at SFU

edited December 2006 in General
anyone currently workout ( lifting weights etc ) at sfu gym. how are the facilities , adequate?

i got a rec pass but never took the oppurtunity to check it out and i might just end up working out at sfu instead of the gym back at home since i pay for a pass.

Comments

• edited December 2006
    its well equipped..... but i don't know too much about that kinda stuff.

:)
  • edited December 2006
    I've been workin out at SFU for years now, and they just got a new gym which is AWESOME. Theirs like two levels of machines and weights, with a view of the field while you work out and an indoor track and its relly big and wide open. The only thing I hate about the SFU gym si that its so far outta the way so its not easy to get in those workouts between classes but still ar eally good way to keep in shpe
  • edited December 2006
    is the gym usually packed. or during certain times it's busy.? that way i know when i can go in etc.

the equipment doesnt have to be new and all, as long as it's got the right amount of weights etc haha.
  • edited December 2006
    The new gym is DOPE

Best times to go is early in the morning when everyone is usually sleepin or in class middle of the day it gets pretty bizzay
  • edited December 2006
    hm. even if it's packed it's worth a try.

do you guys take supplements/
  • edited December 2006
    Not really...other than protein
  • edited December 2006
    SFU's gym is really nice IMO. I try to get in there when I have breaks between classes, when I'm not busy (which isn't very often :().
  • edited December 2006
    I love the saunna at the centre.
  • hta
    edited December 2006
    I cannot find the weight gym. Can anyone give directions?
  • edited December 2006
    go alll the way downstairs... and then go left. and at the end of the hallway go right ( lol thas the only way you can go) and you'll see the room on your left......
    the weight rooms on the lower level of that room
  • edited December 2006
    so weights and say cardio is different rooms?

i'm currently taking protein and creatineee. creatine is kill. search up no-xplode
  • edited December 2006
    i havnt worked out in sooooo long, used to go like every other day.. now i think i havnt gone more than a handful if that this semester

:(

and no supplements, (i guess if u must, protein is aight) just eat right, ur body will thank u for it

Leave a Comment