To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

kinesiology

edited December 2006 in General
how bad is the math/physic there?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    There is virtually none
  • edited December 2006
    really? I asked the reception lady in the kin department and she said kin requires lots of math/physic...:angry:
  • edited December 2006
    You need first year Math and Physics in order to get into the Kinesiology program. However, when you're officially in the program, there is not a lot or even any physics or math within the course.
    Bascially, it's like a bio course, everything is memorization.
  • edited December 2006
    Maybe try taking an intro course and see if it's for you?

I heard that 140 is really easy, but 105 or 110 are good intro courses too.
  • edited December 2006
    really? I asked the reception lady in the kin department and she said kin requires lots of math/physic...
    But do you think the receptionist lady has actually taken any kin courses :tongue:
  • edited December 2006
    There are 3 branches of Kines:

Active Health and Rehab
    Ergonomics
    Physio

Be careful which one you choose, I'm in the physio one and it is shit hard! So much Organic Chem and molecular bio.
    If you want easy, take Active Health with applied human nutrition.
  • edited December 2006
    Chowzzer said:
    You need first year Math and Physics in order to get into the Kinesiology program. However, when you're officially in the program, there is not a lot or even any physics or math within the course.
    Bascially, it's like a bio course, everything is memorization.
    memorization=taking candies from baby, dead easy
  • edited December 2006
    Hey toast what kind of techniques do you use to help you memorize things? I have a really hard time in classes that need me to memorize stuff any help would be appreciated
  • edited December 2006
    dont attempt to memorize it, just LOOk/READ part of it everyday for 5 or 10 mins, at least something will get in ur head.

Leave a Comment