To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Brainstorming way to be successful

edited December 2006 in General
As an aspiring web consultant and one who is always looking for the key to success in this hectic world, I have come up with a few things that I think are necessary to actually make progress. First, I don't think that school is the most important thing there is. School is meant to be a place where we go to learn about life.. and real life does exist outside of books and lecture halls. Because of this, balancing school with other parts of life is very important. Another important fact is having a goal and then having the motivation to achieve that goal. This way, you are focused on something and strive to achieve it.. its just part of human nature. I just wanted to get that out there before I forget and I could be wrong. If you have any ideas to add or think I'm way off please leave a post.

- Noah :beer:

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Thats mostly true bro, Anything you get in this life you have to earn, and that can't be done without seting goals and staying focused on them. I drink and stuff too and a lotta people think thats bad but if you keep everything in balance then it is possible to have fun and do school at the same time as long as you don't forget about your goals
  • edited December 2006
    I think most normal human beings want the three things in life: health, wealth, and happiness. I've been thinking about this question too.. ways to be successful.. and I think I narrowed it down to love.

Love is the key to a life of health, wealth, and happiness. It is easier to be healthy if you are happy. It is easier to be wealthy if you are happy. And it is easier to be happy if you are in love with what you are doing. However, the funny thing is many of us allow fear to run our lives, not love. For example, many people work, not because they love what they do, but out of fear of being fired or not making enough money. Many people invest out of the same fear -- not having enough money. And many people are unhappy because they are not in love.
  • edited December 2006
    I agree with Steven, fear or money shouldn't be a motivation in life...it takes you nowhere

Leave a Comment