To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What exactly do fraternities at UBC do??

edited December 2006 in General
What I imagine in my mind is a group of guys whose sole purpose is to get as drunk as possible and sleep with as many women as physically possible...

not that theres anything wrong with that Rolling Eyes

I"m sure there's more to it than meets the eye... for some reason we don't have fraternities at SFU so I've always been kinda curious
Can someone educate me?

Comments

• edited December 2006
    well from what i know, because i have some friends in frats right now...

other than getting really trashed all the time, and organizing parties, these frat guys seem to have a really strong friendship or bond with each other. i mean, it is pretty hard to make good friends in university, especially if you're starting off so i can see how frats can be appealing.

plus, the frat houses at ubc are mansions, and you can live there for a reasonable cost with a nice room, and a cook and stuff.

the frats and sorority's always do "exchanges" and one frat parties with one sorority, and then they rotate hahaha.

but, my good friend from high school who's in a frat right now is totally doing not as well as he wants to in school because a frat is a huge time commitment as well. i think SFU wants to stray away from this, keep the school more academic, perhaps?
  • edited December 2006
    They got frats to make friends, and we got Talksfu! much better and theres no need to get trashed lol
  • edited December 2006
    JohnnyBoy said:
    They got frats to make friends, and we got Talksfu! much better and theres no need to get trashed lol
    I wouldnt mind though lol......stupid textbooks and me making love to them:beer:
  • edited December 2006
    its jus like res except all guys... so its really dirty lol

Leave a Comment