To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

HELP!!! This is so awesome but it sucks!!!!!!!!!!

edited October 2006 in General
Okay, I promised myself this summer that I would just have fun this summer and not get involved in anything serious because I'm moving 8hrs away in september. So Ive almost made it through the entire summer when my friendcalls me up and says he's i town for a few days, do i want to come to this party? He's been away all summer and I've missed him a lot. So at this party we were just talking forever and then as we were just sitting there all cuddled up he KISSED ME!!!!!!!!! I was floored because I've had the hugest crush on him forever but didn't want to say anything about it because i didn't think he felt the same. It turns out that hes really liked me for the past couple years too!!!!! So we ended up spending the night together and everything is more perfect than its ever been before! The problem is that I move away in exactly two weeks!!!!!!!! I don't want to give this up! I really like him and we're so well together! What can I do?

~Becs~

Comments

• edited August 2006
    meh, I started a relationship 5 days before going back to school, and made it work for 11 months. It is possible.
  • edited August 2006
    Just try it out, see how long distance works for you. The worst that can happen is that you have to break up, which is also coincidentally your only other option anyway.

I say if you really want to make it work, try.
  • edited August 2006
    Sorry to tell you this, but if this guy is like most guys he just used you for a good time. He probably knew you liked him and since he is in town for a few days he just called you up and did what he had to do to. I did the same thing before.

But then again, I dont know anything about him or you, so treat what I said as an opinion to what might have happened, not as a face.
  • edited August 2006
    JohnnyBoy said:
    Sorry to tell you this, but if this guy is like most guys he just used you for a good time. He probably knew you liked him and since he is in town for a few days he just called you up and did what he had to do to. I did the same thing before.
    That is an extremely negative way to look at life.

All guys are not like this, and saying otherwise is insulting.
  • edited August 2006
    That's such a toughie and I know what you mean! Well I wish you luck in whatever you choose to do, because love is such a hard thing to let go of. Honestly, if it was that easy for you to let go of this seemingly amazing guy, you wouldn't be torn between the two options you have. I think you guys should remain such close friends, without putting a relationship on the line. You see, if a friendship can't survive the distance, then a relationship won't. So if you guys stay friends besides the distance, then give the relationship a try.

Good luck, and I hope everything works out for the best for you.
    :smile:
  • edited August 2006
    i would say try out the long distance thing but it will be hard.. guys jus cant be trusted these days
  • edited September 2006
    You all have terrible attitudes about guys. Try this: talk to him about what he wants to do. If he's worht having a crush on, he'll want to do try for a relationship.
  • edited September 2006
    I agree, just try things out and see how it goes.
  • edited October 2006
    its never gonna work out.. relationships that arent long distance never work out let alone long distance ones!!
  • edited October 2006
    lol ^ needs to fix his post

i say do it, at least u can say that u tried and if it doesnt work then too bad, u might regret it if u dont

Leave a Comment