To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Night Clubs in Van

edited December 2006 in General
Whats your favorite?

Personally I am not a big fan of the night club scene here in Vancouver... Too much rap, and hip hop music being played. I dont see how you can really dance to that...

In EVERY other non North American Country in the world you will only hear house music/trance/techno being played at night clubs. I'm from europe and we've had some insane nights partyin to corsten and tiesto sets
The way it should it be :!: :!:

Comments

• edited December 2006
    I think your contradicting yourself... if you liked hip hop music you'd luv the clubs here too its jus a part of the scene here
  • edited December 2006
    I've never gotten to go clubbing, being 18 :(. My friend's 20th bday was tonight and we tried to get another kid's ID but it didn't work out, which pissed me off. I gotta find a way to get myself a fake or something.
  • edited December 2006
    personally i like the hiphop scene so i dont mind the clubs here

some of the events can get pretty fun, the last few memorable ones were foam parties and detention @plush
    but i perfer the smaller venues like aqua or 686 those places arent bad either
  • edited December 2006
    Rhea said:
    Whats your favorite?

Personally I am not a big fan of the night club scene here in Vancouver... Too much rap, and hip hop music being played. I dont see how you can really dance to that...

In EVERY other non North American Country in the world you will only hear house music/trance/techno being played at night clubs. I'm from europe and we've had some insane nights partyin to corsten and tiesto sets
    The way it should it be :!: :!:
    Tiesto all the way. Trance/progressive is way better than hip-hop! Are there any clubs that are more house music-oriented?
  • edited December 2006
    I rocked plush all summer, all the hip hop and rnb singers usually pop up there... i was there for keshia chante definitely had an awesome time

@insatiable, if your into techno/trance theres usually a few rav'es goin down all the time thats what you really gotta check out. the tix are usualy like 50-100 buckss but you get to party all night and trip out on E my buddies usualy go i havnet checked one out yet...theres one comin up called freeze in a couple weeks in richmond gonna be off the hook
  • edited December 2006
    I always want to go clubbing, but when I go, I don't enjoy it. I can't dance so it really sucks for me. Also, im not a big music person so I don't know any of the words or rhythm. So basically I stand and pay for expensive drinks while I look at hot chicks but never have the balls to approach them.

I lose :(
  • edited December 2006
    BryanL said:
    I always want to go clubbing, but when I go, I don't enjoy it. I can't dance so it really sucks for me. Also, im not a big music person so I don't know any of the words or rhythm. So basically I stand and pay for expensive drinks while I look at hot chicks but never have the balls to approach them.

LOL... u gotta do one or the other man... if u jus wanna look at hot chicks... there's plenty of other palces u can go to do that... LOL
  • edited December 2006
    BryanL said:

....Grind then....
  • edited December 2006
    Grind? LOL. I thought I said in my earlier post, I HAVE NO RHYTHM. I can't dance to save my life. Even if im totally wasted, I just can't dance.

And even with a wing man, it doesnt work for me :(
  • edited December 2006
    BryanL said:
    Grind? LOL. I thought I said in my earlier post, I HAVE NO RHYTHM. I can't dance to save my life. Even if im totally wasted, I just can't dance.

And even with a wing man, it doesnt work for me :(
    Learn to make pizza... and work a q-tip (plz refer to Hitch... LOL)
  • edited December 2006
    Luxferre said:
    Learn to make pizza... and work a q-tip (plz refer to Hitch... LOL)
    hahaha that was classic

Leave a Comment